Well ifeel like one of the lucky ones i drew a nov 35b tag.Ive never hunted this unit before.anybody care to give me a couple hints on how that hunt is in nov,i appreciate any help i can get.

Well ifeel like one of the lucky ones i drew a nov 35b tag.Ive never hunted this unit before.anybody care to give me a couple hints on how that hunt is in nov,i appreciate any help i can get.

email me and i am going to help you

check out the mustang mountains,I've seen some great bucks there,you will not see as many deer as the southern half. but quality is there. try off the power line road.3 mile south.dont forget a lion tag. I seen one in there a few years ago,and lots of sign.mike

I belive the Mustangs are in 35A I could be wrong but I don't think I am....However 35B has a lot of good quality bucks, but the unit isn't over run with deer. It can be very tough at times and kinda hit or miss probably has something to do with that make sure you have a lion tag deal. I would check out the country to the south and south west of Canelo Pass all the stuff around the roads seems to get pretty hammered (imagine that) but it dosen't take much to get away from the crowds. With a little hiking you can get to some great canyons! Here is a picture of the buck I killed last year on that hunt. You have a great hunt, do your home work and it will be a great hunt. :ph34r:

deer2005024.jpg

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT JACK!!! GREAT BUCK, GREAT PIC.

Hey Jack, My buddies and I have the early tag in there this year and are packin' in for the whole hunt, hopefully to at least throw some lead at a buck like that! I remember that pic and that's an awesome buck! Congrats again on that, JIM>

Deerwelder, your getting some good info, but remember that road through Canelo Pass IS the southeastern border of the unit. 35A is across the road and if you go as Jack mentioned south of the Pass, you have to stay West of that road. I'm sure you already know that, but there are maps out there that make it hard to differentiate which road is which. Pretty much most of that right there south/southwest of the Pass is Antelope looking country, but you'll see where you need to be if you try that spot! Best of luck! JIM>

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT JACK!!! GREAT BUCK, GREAT PIC.

Hey speakin of the devil, This guy just posted when I did and didn't see it before, but Shortpants is the guy that promised me he'll glass up a buck like Jacks on our hunt and let me shoot it! What a nice feller! JIM>

That right there is what I want and nothing less Shortypants!

Hey speakin of the devil, This guy just posted when I did and didn't see it before, but Shortpants is the guy that promised me he'll glass up a buck like Jacks on our hunt and let me shoot it! What a nice feller! JIM>

That right there is what I want and nothing less Shortypants!

My pleasure Jimbo, somebody's got to shoot the smallest buck. Might as well be you <_<

Imagine that.....three "book" class bucks on the same hunt this side of the border! Thats our goal and I would gladly take the smallest :lol:

Hey Jack, what did that toad score? I need to let Shortypants know what the bottom line is for my buck! <_< JIM>

From that pic. it appears to me that it would score around 109? Just a guess from some guy who would love to pretend he knows something about our beloved couse! Anyone else want to give it a try?

Deerslam is right 110 2/8 gross.

There are some great genes in that country, and my bucks BIG brother is still around asuming he didn't get mucked out by the lions! On this hunt I saw a little buck the first day then I hunted like five or six days before I even saw another buck, which was the buck I killed. Again from what I have seen there are little pockets of deer here and there, so I would be very patcient. I think it is still great hunt though.