Sign in to follow this  
Elkhunter1

A Great Day Chasing Bone

Despite the rain and all the wind I had a great day chasing bone. At 7:30 I had two shooters less than 200 yards from me when two guys slammed on their brakes and pushed them down the canyon. Around 11:30 after circling down below where they were headed, and pushing several does I found my best find EVER. Placing it in my pack and sneaking into position to glass a Mesquite thicket I find myself being stared at by yet another doe. I reposition myself and set up to start glassing. Five minutes later I find the big shooter I saw earlier, bedded under a Juniper I looked at four times prior. The only problem, I can't find the smaller buck. Two hours later, cactus in my but, crawling, and scooting I find myself less than 100 yards from him still bedded. I move one foot at a time trying to close the distance when I find the smaller buck, the only problem he's also found me. He jumps up and runs past the big boy and they both get the heck out of Dodge. Now I am without a buck to shoot and at the bottom of the canyon, my truck is at the top. All and all I had a GREAT DAY.

P.S. There is tomorrow and I know where the big boy is!!!! More to come.

post-5396-0-12468100-1355622047_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-14550000-1355622085_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-95744400-1355622173_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-47568000-1355622123_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Stephen, that's great find and good luck tomorrow my friend. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. :)

TJ

Stephen, that's great find and good luck tomorrow my friend. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. :)

TJ

I really want to write the great ending we all hope for.

TJ

Someting tells me you are going to do just that. Good luck! :)

TJ

TJ

Hope to see you end this story well tomorrow...