Sign in to follow this  
1azbowhunter

My 2012 Archery buck

sorry for the delay,i kiled this buck on the second day of the season!this buck had 12 does with him and i managed to kill him at 25 yards!not bad for a december buck!

post-4947-0-35178700-1356129919_thumb.jpg

post-4947-0-19824800-1356129953_thumb.jpg

What a dandy of a buck! Congrats.

Great buck man! Even sweeter that you were able to get to 25yds! Were you sitting a stand, spot and stalk, still hunting, following track? Lets hear the story!

well here is the story!it was the second day of the archery and it was horrible!trying to glass with the snow in our face sucks and to top it off being wet is even worse!i stalked a couple deer in the morning and my buddies and i left to eat some food and change into some dry clothes.we went back to our spot in the evening to find this buck rutting 12 does!so i bailed off the canyon i was on and made it to the other side.it was hard to keep quite in cowboy boots and the snow being crunchy,but hey your not gonna kill them if you dont try!so as im making my way to the deer my buddy calls me and said "crouch down quick and slowly!" at this time i see the doe walk out from the cedar tree and coming straight for me and im at 30 yards!!!i crouch really quick and range the opening she walks into,i draw back and the buck gets to the lane and i held my 20 just a tad high and drilled him!