naturebob

Unit 23 sucess?

Yote buster, I am in Minot, but work all over and as far as Williston and south a little. Give Me a holler 701-500-9845. any time...BOB!

Nice! I'll put your number in my phone. Not to much going on this time of year except feeding the deer and waiting for their horns to fall off. Been doing pretty good on the perch through the ice the last few weekends though! Have ya been out ice fishing yet?

now that's funny - I want to see the pic of Bob icefishin - the shack had better be insulated with duel space heater and thermal floors - the poles will need electrical warming handles -

All the above true Gary, You just forgot one thing. The cold beer. That's hard to find here. It freezes to quick.......BOB!

I had a whitetail tag for unit 23 this last fall. Hunted where we know that the NM recrd was taken a few years back, with recent reports of other nice bucks in the area. Hunted all 5 days....never saw a whitetail at all. Drove up to a muly buck and his does, they kept feeding while we glassed them. Could have shot half of them....funny, they must have known which tag we had. :)

How do you know where I shot my deer?

Another year . Lets see some Bucks from this year guys. Thanks...........BOB!

Bob- If what I have found out to be true is correct I will only have a carp deer tag in 23 this year. Not many elk but I loved elk and deer hunting at the same time with my bow. Now it looks like I get to hunt the San Mateo's in unit 17 for elk this year. Another unit I will have to learn but it is only about 1- 1 1/2 hours to it from my house. The thing that bugs me is I put in for 23 1st and 2nd choice to elk and deer hunt at the same time but I drew my 3rd elk choice which had much lower odds to draw. The reason I put in for the carp is that is all I saw last year in 23 where I was, at about 40 yards for 20 minutes on multiple occasions.

Ya ,23 has some Carp. My biggest one ever came from there. Good luck this year..............BOB!

Bob- If what I have found out to be true is correct I will only have a carp deer tag in 23 this year. Not many elk but I loved elk and deer hunting at the same time with my bow. Now it looks like I get to hunt the San Mateo's in unit 17 for elk this year. Another unit I will have to learn but it is only about 1- 1 1/2 hours to it from my house. The thing that bugs me is I put in for 23 1st and 2nd choice to elk and deer hunt at the same time but I drew my 3rd elk choice which had much lower odds to draw. The reason I put in for the carp is that is all I saw last year in 23 where I was, at about 40 yards for 20 minutes on multiple occasions.

How are you finding out all of this info Red? I heard they got rid of the back around way of finding out draw odds early this year?

How are you finding out all of this info Red? I heard they got rid of the back around way of finding out draw odds early this year?

If you have a way, I'd like to know as well.

It is all guess and speculation. When I checked on my applications to review it deer was still in the 123 order the way I put it in. I have never gotten anything but my first choice on deer and they always review 123. My elk app was in a 312 order, same as when I got my third choice two years ago. Last year when I got my first choice elk it was in the 123 order I put it in. I put my daughter in for all rifle hunts in the Gila, not expecting her to draw, and her order was 321. I think that is the killer you don't want to see.

The thing I have heard is now all apps are in the 123 order so G&F may have shut down the review way to see it. So I am not sure if this works or not but I will tell you in two days if my guess was correct. If it was I missed two standard hunts and drew a Q/HD hunt as my third choice. Go figure!

So did yours revert back to the 123 order now?

Mine are in order of hunt number as of this morning. Not sure if that's my app order but I'll look into that tomorrow.

My elk app has changed several times in the last week or so. From order 123 to 213 to 123 yesterday back to 213 this morning.

Here's a link to a thread I started on the national bowsite the other day. Lots of interesting theories but I don't expect anything to come of it. But if it is true along with my 5BS early archery bull tag I drew unit 15 NM first archery bull.

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=452654&messages=78&forum=5#4205192

creed-I responded several time on there but I don't go by Red Sparky.

• Like 1

Hi Red Sparks, the order for my elk apps is 213 on the applications on file page, when I review the app.(after logging in to account), deer and oryx both 123. If I select draw results and enter name, address and last 4 of ssn, the order is 123 for all 3 apps.