Red Rabbit

2006-2007 COUES WHITETAIL BUCK CONTEST

2006-2007 Coues Whitetail Buck Contest

CouesWhitetail.com will be sponsoring a COUES BUCK CONTEST again for the second year. The contest?s purpose is to garner interest in the beloved coues whitetail and this website, and to share our hunt successes and pleasures from the field chasing the gray ghost.

This contest will be open to registered members of CouesWhitetail.com and their immediate families living at home (husband or wife, sons & daughters under 18). Deer must be taken between September 1, 2006 and January 31, 2007 from Arizona, New Mexico or Mexico. If you have multiple tags, i.e. from different states, you may enter deer from each hunt.

Categories (9):

Youth (ages 10-16) - largest coues buck

Youth (ages 10-16) - smallest coues buck

Archery- Highest P&Y gross coues

US rifle- highest gross B&C Typical frame coues

US rifle- highest gross B&C Non-typical coues

Mexico rifle- highest gross B&C Typical frame coues

Mexico rifle- highest gross B&C Non-typical coues

Smallest coues buck

Best field photo- based on composition & quality, not antler size. All contest photos will automatically be

considered for this category.

To register for the contest, send Doug/Red Rabbit a personal message or E-mail by October 15, 2006. Entries received after October 15, 2006 will not be accepted. He will send a confirmation with his address should you wish to donate a piece of hunting equipment to the prize packages. Prize donation is not required, but is appreciated. You may also send a small financial donation to help with shipping of the prizes to the winners. Prize packages, and the number of places, will depend upon the number of prizes donated.

To register, your personal message or e-mail to Doug/Red Rabbit must include the following:

Name

Member name/handle

Telephone number

E-mail address

Mailing/shipping address

To enter your deer

1) e-mail Doug/Red Rabbit a field photo of you and your deer, its gross B&C/P&Y score, hunt unit and date killed. Amanda will then post your picture on the home page.

2) You are certainly encouraged to post your picture and hunt story in the regular forums. If you have difficulty posting a picture, this thread may help, or asking another member will certainly get it done.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3721

Scoring your deer. Amanda has a nice ?how-to? on the home page complete with photos, instructions and downloadable score sheets. Again, the gross score is needed for this contest.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/how_to_score..._Coues_deer.htm

The contest will close January 31, 2007, at the end of archery season. Entry photos with info/story must be posted in the forums and received by Doug/Red Rabbit by Feb. 15, 2007.

Hope you all enter and have a successful coues season.

RR,

PM sent. Thank you in advance for organizing and putting forth the time and effort to make this happen.

I don't have any hunt prizes to donate, but I'll send some $$ your way for the shipping etc.

AzP&Y

Doug

Hey Doug, PM sent. Thanks for all you do here, can't wait to start seein' the pic's of the entries!

I will donate a full camo outfit: hat, button-down shirt and 6-pocket pants, it will be in Kings camo patterns, and your choice of Desert Shadow, Mountain Shadow or Snow Shadow.

Thanks, JIM>

hey Doug,

can i donate money thru paypal? if not pm me and i'll send a check in.i got drawn for mule deer this year so i won't be able to enter the contest.i still wanna contribute something because you guys do a great job with the website.

thx wade

Thank you for all of the time and effort put into this contest doug. Just thinking about winning has got my kid going crazy thinking about the possibilities ;) :D . But i have a question concerning the rules. Can my son enter into the youth AND the Rifle categories for two chances at winning?

Thanks - ForkHorn

Wade,

I am not set up for PayPal. Amanda is, if you would like to donate to the general operation of the website.

Sent you a pm that gives contact info if you want to donate to th econtest. You can archery hunt in Dec-Jan for coues if your muley tag goes unfilled.

Forkhorn,

He can enter ONE division/category per deer.

Everyone is also in the best photo category, so a person could win big buck and photo, like last year.

A person could also win typical and nontypical in the US and Mexico and archery, if he has enough tags and is a fortunate hunter.

Doug~RR

If you want to donate through Paypal, just use the Make a Donation button found under the menu on the lefthand margin of each page of the main website (www.coueswhitetail.com

You can put in the comments that you want it to go to the contest and I will make sure that happens.

Thanks to everyone for donating whatever they can to help make this contest interesting! Sounds like we have some great donations already.

Amanda

I'll try and get some prizes. No guarantees.

I did send you a PM, RR, to register. I'm gonna give er her a whirl...

Sent a PM to you to Doug to enter the contest and also I will be donating some knives, multitools, and water bottels for prizes.

Thanks for getting a contest together again and all your hard work.

Phil

Doug,

I plan on entering the contest again, just want to talk to my buddy and see if he wants to get into it also. I was trying to think of something I could donate as a prize. We own a bridal shop so if anyone would be interested in winning a gown or something speak up! Ha Ha!

Lee

Thanks to those donating prizes and money so far!!

Don't forget that to enter, you have to email Doug. Please follow the instructions so Doug doesn't have a big headache trying to track people down. Making a post in this thread does not enter you in the contest. And please remember the Oct 15 deadline for entering.

Here are the instructions again:

To register for the contest, send Doug/Red Rabbit a personal message or E-mail by October 15, 2006. Entries received after October 15, 2006 will not be accepted. He will send a confirmation with his address should you wish to donate a piece of hunting equipment to the prize packages. Prize donation is not required, but is appreciated. You may also send a small financial donation to help with shipping of the prizes to the winners. Prize packages, and the number of places, will depend upon the number of prizes donated.

To register, your personal message or e-mail to Doug/Red Rabbit must include the following:

Name

Member name/handle

Telephone number

E-mail address

Mailing/shipping address

Thanks so far to those who have entered. We have 40 members from MM.com and CWT.com entered as of today. If you sent me a PM or e-mail to enter, and did not receive a return response (form letter), please let me know.

Doug~RR