Sign in to follow this  
flyphsr

j 13

Yup. It works! They have video lessons on how/when to use it. It works best if you bust a herd, especially if they have young. The boars will come charging back. I once randomly called at the mouth of a side canyon and pigs came woofing out right into my lap.

I am on my second call and they work great! I will point out that calling doesnt always work. Generally, when the herd is large and or they have little ones they will come in! Really cool! They will not come in if you talk during the calling sequence, atleast for me! We have used other calls and they work also.

One more thing....two is better than one! My brother and I bother have calls. Usually we get to the last place we saw them or if we've killed one, we stand next to it and we alternate calling in 10 to 30 or so second intervals each.....man does it get them fired up!

The j 13 works really really well. This past weekend I told my friend how well it worked on my Friday hunt so he wanted to tag along on Saturday to witness it, on Monday he ordered two of them. I used one this past weekend on two separate days and had pigs come in from all directions, I couldn't get the call out of my mouth, the release on my string and aim quick enough at times. At one point I was almost kind of scared there were so many running by and directly at me within 3-4 feet. Have fun with it.

J-13 is great killed 2 Javi's using that call. Problem is if your solo and your archery hunting your out of breath when the pig shows up.

Each year they are less and less effective because too many people walk around cold calling all the time. The manufacturer recommends that you only use them in certain situations so that you don't educate the herds. Even then, they seem to work less than half the time.

On opening day this year I watched some guy wandering around the desert cold calling every few minutes. There were pigs in the area, but it didn't do him any good...and that herd probably won't ever come to that call again.

I had not seen any pigs in my normal spot all day Saturday or Sunday. I was only hunting a half day Sunday so I decided to walk fast down one of my favorite washes to see if I could spook something up. Was walking pretty quick and spotted a javi frozen at 70 yards. Had a 5 minute staring match. I think he could smell me because I was wrinking is nose up and sniffing. He finally ran off with the other three. I started blowing on my j-13 with no luck. I probably gave it about 20 seconds. I have had the primos one work in the past, and the j-13 once, but it seems like maybe 1 out of 4 calls work. For all i know I am not calling corectly or long enough. How long do you guys call after spooking a herd before giving up.