CDB

Javelina Calls

I have used the circe cottontail forever. The only problem I have is getting it out of my mouth soon enough to get a shot off. It usually happens fast. This year I dropped it in time but then accidently hit my release which launched my arrow off the string just enough to hang down from my whisker biscut with the pig at 10yrds laughing at me. I'm still learning! :lol: :lol:

TJ

• Like 1

+1 on the Circe, I use mine every time I see pigs. I just like messing with them and seeing how close I can get them. As it turns out, 3 yards is too close, lol.

Lol, yeah, I wouldn't recommend it... I had told my buddy that I was with not to move, lol, and sure enough, he didn't! I didnt think he'd let it get that close to him! All he said was "well, you told me not to move!" Lucky for me, it was closer to him, hahaha!

I don't think the brand matters. I've used at least at least a half dozen different types of mouth-blown calls with good results.

I've found that javelinas respond by either running away, coming to me, or totally ignoring me. I keep calling when they start running off. More often than not, several will stop and come straight to me with their teeth chattering.

I've also called them to me by making non-stop grunt-like coughs that imitate the sounds they make when trotting. This works best when after you have a herd in view and there are two hunters grunting.

Bill Quimby

I don't think the brand matters. I've used at least at least a half dozen different types of mouth-blown calls with good results. I've found that javelinas respond by either running away, coming to me, or totally ignoring me. I keep calling when they start running off. More often than not, several will stop and come straight to me with their teeth chattering. I've also called them to me by making non-stop grunt-like coughs that imitate the sounds they make when trotting. This works best when after you have a herd in view and there are two hunters grunting. Bill Quimby

+1 what Bill said.

TJ

Ive had success with the j 13 from all predator calls

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/products/JavelinaHunter.com-J13-Javelina-Call.html

Ive been using is for about 5 years. It always make them run its just a matter of what direction. Id say when they bust because of sound its about 75%a when they bust cause of somethibg they see mabee 50% but if they bust after winding you 0%.

I have used the circe cottontail forever. The only problem I have is getting it out of my mouth soon enough to get a shot off. It usually happens fast. This year I dropped it in time but then accidently hit my release which launched my arrow off the string just enough to hang down from my whisker biscut with the pig at 10yrds laughing at me. I'm still learning! :lol: :lol:

TJ

TJ Im glad Im not the only who has a problem getting the call out of thier mouth fast enough for a shot. This morning called 3 javelinas they came in fast and were within 5 yards of me in no time...by time I dropped the call and clipped the release they turned and ran away. Talk about an adrenaline rush! I Love hunting pigs!

I recorded one of the Life Alert commercials and play the part that goes, "Help, I've fallen and can't get up!"

It seems like it would be a very effective distress call, but the pigs never come-a-runnin'.

Kidding... I had good luck with the Primos Javelina call last year when they had smaller reds with them. We hunted the same unit this year and they must have dropped their young earlier as they were about 3/4 size mini-javelina.

They didn't seem to respond to the call as good as they did last year.

I'll have to try that Circle. I've used the Primos last weekend and today, when I knew pigs were withing 100 yards, to no avail. I I did harvest one today, but no credit to the call.