Sign in to follow this  
EmekaT42

Sitka Camo

This year I have had the chance to try a bunch of Sitka Gore-Tex camo. I am in a outdoors group called Mountaintechs that gets opportunity to use Gore-Tex from different vendors. I was extremely impressed I personally bought quite a few items from Sitka that are non Gore-Tex. I used the forrest pattern up in the White Mountains Elk hunting. I used the waterfowl pattern in Blythe and in Portland Oregon. I have also did some upland bird and Deer hunting with the open country patterns. Very quality items worth the try.

Emeka

Been using it since it came out, couldn't agree more...

Probably the best stuff out there if you really need it and it can be a lifesaver but it is priced out of the reach for the average Joe.

I bought some of their stuff, was not impressed at all. I wore the attack pants once and they got ripped to sheds by cat claw. I loved the fit and feel of them, but I hunt coues whitetail and there's no getting away from cat claw. I like the vest and the bandit gaiter a great deal, but I'll never buy another piece of Sitka gear again. I switched to Kuiu after sitka wouldn't do anything to fix or replace my torn up pants, and have never been happier! WAY better product and cheaper too!

you don't need camo if you are hunting with a gun, I wear double faced Carhartt's and whatever camo shirt is on top when I get in my clothing bag - you can bust right through the middle of catclaw patches with the Carhartt's

•  

I bought some of their stuff, was not impressed at all. I wore the attack pants once and they got ripped to sheds by cat claw. I loved the fit and feel of them, but I hunt coues whitetail and there's no getting away from cat claw. I like the vest and the bandit gaiter a great deal, but I'll never buy another piece of Sitka gear again. I switched to Kuiu after sitka wouldn't do anything to fix or replace my torn up pants, and have never been happier! WAY better product and cheaper too!

How does the Kuiu clothing hold up in the catclaw?

Nothing does well against cat claw other than what was mentioned like one of the hard materials like Carhartt denim or saddle cloth. Saddle cloth shrugs off everything but is hot and stiff, I hated it for the most part.

I have had Kuiu for a couple of seasons and it snags also, it is better in my opinion than a lot of other new materials, I think the weave is a bit tighter than some of the other brands.

I think it is really hard to get both very durable and very comfortable. Carrying shooting sticks or walking sticks seems to be the best cure I have found for cat claw, just push it out of the way whenever possible.

•  

How does the Kuiu clothing hold up in the catclaw?

Hold up really well. I've had my Kuiu pants for two seasons and they are barely starting to show any wear on them. A few small pulls but that's it. Full range of motion and very very comfortable, best pair of pants I've ever owned, camo or otherwise.