Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

The Poor Man's Tarpon;)

Love fightin' these bull dogs!

post-4863-0-71289200-1358814965.jpg

post-4863-0-75648700-1358815397.jpg

post-4863-0-12687400-1358815418.jpg

Carp get a bad rap! They are great fighting fish and the tackle required to catch them is super cheap! I usually catch and release anyway!

Never saw one jump like a Tarpon, and I've caught a few of them. Carp are fun to catch but I've never returned one back to water.

Carp do get a bad rap....they are fun to catch and good to eat! search the internet and you can find tons of recipes. My husband and I made some fish cakes out of carp that he smoked on the grill and they were excellent!

True these bad boys are blast on fly gear!

I have caught a lot o Carp on a fly! I used to fish ASU Research Park for the big bruisers cruising the shore! My favorite place was Canyon lake around the Restaurant. I would float around there with my pontoon boat and chum the water with bread. Wait for them to start feeding on the top and throw out a nice, fat bread fly and hold on! Lots of fun! I used to go to McCormick ranch and catch them during the spawn. Great place to sight fish for them! Brings back a lot of good memories! I need to get back out there and get my hands slimy:) I've caught several Grass Carp that loved to jump! What lake were you fishing? I've fished the dock's around Pleasant and Powell in the past. They were really easy to hook, but they were tough to land, because they would dive under the dock and break the line! I would love to try fishing around the Bartlett Marina. I've seen a few monsters lurking around there during the summer month's!

I have caught a lot o Carp on a fly! I used to fish ASU Research Park for the big bruisers cruising the shore! My favorite place was Canyon lake around the Restaurant. I would float around there with my pontoon boat and chum the water with bread. Wait for them to start feeding on the top and throw out a nice, fat bread fly and hold on! Lots of fun! I used to go to McCormick ranch and catch them during the spawn. Great place to sight fish for them! Brings back a lot of good memories! I need to get back out there and get my hands slimy:) I've caught several Grass Carp that loved to jump! What lake were you fishing? I've fished the dock's around Pleasant and Powell in the past. They were really easy to hook, but they were tough to land, because they would dive under the dock and break the line! I would love to try fishing around the Bartlett Marina. I've seen a few monsters lurking around there during the summer month's!

I still fish the ASU research park and catch a lot of grass carp. We use bread, but when the dates are on the palm trees, we switch to those. They sound like a marble hitting the water but they eat them almost as soon as they hit the water. Great fun on ultra lights with 4 lb test.