Sign in to follow this  
PackerMenges

Tucson Gunsmith, need recommendations

Hey all,

Need some work done to two rifles I picked up. Both are Winchester Model 70, ss, one 300rum and one 7wsm. I know there are various guys here in the Tucson area and I am leaning towards Lawson but I thought I would get some opinions on cwt first.

Thanks for taking the time, it is very much appreciated!

My dad used them on a 700 rem for a trigger job like the wrok and price was good. I am going to be sending one of my 700's in for a trigger job as well (dad and I both used the same crappy smith befor). They have been around a long time and that is who I am going to use.

Patrick holehan! He is a little pricy but it comes Down to you get what you pay for. Buy once cry once. He is the nicest guy and will deal with you at your convenience. He's had auction rifles built for Dallas Safari Club that have gone for 6 figures plus! His custom built rifles for any application are 2nd to none and you will seriously Be beyond happy with his work. By far the best gunsmith in AZ. You can't go wrong with him!

I have had work done in both shops. I won't use anyone but Patrick Holehan Custom Rifles, www.plholehancustomrifles.com/ . He has done my work for the past 15 years. The Winchester M70 is his preferred action. His work is superb. My LR .300 Win Mag build is currently in his shop waiting for Kreiger to deliver the barrel. Use Patrick and never look back.

I will give Holehan anothe plus 1. He did my Remington 7 mag about 17 years ago.

Scary to think its been that long now.