peckl1

group or single??

I think that each individual applicant gets a draw #, each tag would be assigned a #, therefore if there were 4 in your party and only 3 tags left, none of you would be drawn for that unit. The next people in line from 1-3 people would be drawn so I guess there is a fairly good advantage to applying by yourself. I usally apply separately from my wife, father, and friends. That way if one of us gets drawn for a trophy hunt all of us can go along for fun.

Guest Ernesto C

Hummm I'm not sure about that one;I had the idea that the application will get a drawn number not every individual. Becuase if I have no bonus points like the other 3 then I will get 4 chances of getting draw if every individual will get a draw number. I migth be wrong but I had the idea that the"succesfull" will be the application not a particular individual on it.

Ernesto C.

I think so Ernesto, each hunter is assigned a number then a "computer" draws from the bank of numbers "randomly" So if your number is the very first to get pulled then you and all on your app get first choice, WOWHOOO! But if your number gets pulled near the end and only 2 tags remain for the hunt you want but there are 4 of you then you are unsuccesful.

This computer system is good because it is random and gives us an equal shot at a tag. It does not recognise "friends, buddys, compadres, bosses" etc. It is easy to question when my uncles fellow contractor has drawn a rifle bull elk tag 4 times in the last 6 years!!!

;)

I think everyone needs to reread each post and see who said what. We have people agreeing with each other and then saying the opposite thing as the people they just agreed with.

My first post states that I think each person on the tag gives you a chance to get drawn. So in my mind that means you have four chances to draw a tag. If you put a hunt in all the choices then you have four chances at five diferent hunts.

I never said anything about bonus points in my first post. I do know if you have bonus points they are averaged out between the people on your app. That is what I stated in my second post not my first post.

When you call in or go on line to see if you got drawn it does not ask you for the app # it asks you for your ID number.

I do not know how they do it if four people put in for a hunt and only one tag remains for that hunt. I never have woried about that. I would rather hunt with my Brother and friends than go by myself. Part of the hunt to me is to share it with people you like hunting with. If that means I hunt in october or november over december. That is ok to I will just get my buck a month or two sooner.

Again if I am wrong. And I very well could be I will say now I am sorry .If someone gets the time maybe they could ask the game and fish the question. If I get a spare second I will call and find out.

Each application is assigned a random number for the draw.

If you put in singly, you receive one random number for the application and another random number for each of your bonus points. For example, if you have 3 bonus points, you will be assigned 4 random numbers(1 for the app and 3 for the BP's).

If you put in as a group, the group is assigned a random number(not a random number for each individual in the group) and a random number for each of the average number of bonus points for the group(rounded up to the nearest whole number). For example, if you put in with three other hunters, each having 0, 1, 2, &2 bonus points=1.25 average, then the application will be assigned two random numbers(1 for the app and 1 for the BP). So, putting in as a group only increases your chances if the other members of the group have more bonus points than you :D . One limitation to applying as a group is that if there are only 3 tags left, and an application with 4 hunters is drawn, it will not be selected and another application will be drawn ;) .

The 10% nonresident cap apllies to deer hunts north of the Colorado River(12's and 13's) and does not effect deer hunt south of the river, So, having a nonresident put in for a coues hunt with you does not help or hurt your chances.

Doug/RedRabbit

Doug/Red Rabbit

Hey Doug thanks for clearing all that up. I think I will keep putting in like I have been for the last few years. My son is married now and we have been putting in seperate for the last few years with the agreement that if we don`t get drawn together we will go together anyway as long as the hunts are not at the same time. It makes it kinda neat when we plan the seperate hunts because we seem to learn the areas better and we get out for more than just one big trip. Who ever gets the tag is '' The Man'' and the other guy is ''The Mule''. I like either. ;) Thanks again Coues Addict

Thanks for the clarification Doug! You should be a teacher... ;)

The deadline is approaching folks!

S.

:D

Stan,

That position is open. I turned in my letter of resignation two weeks ago. I've grown tired of classfulls of students who don't pay attention, don't do homework, don't study for tests, have vulgar mouths, and administrations, parents and students who think its my fault. I refuse to give em a grade and pass em along to become the next guys problem.

I'm going to be a headhunter instead.

Doug/RedRabbit

Last year I put in for the Oct. hunt in 35A as my first choice. This year I am thinking maybe it might be my second choice. I put in with my brother so I just need to check with him. I am thinking about unit 21, it is closest to my house and I can spend a lot of time scouting. It has been three years in a row I have been drawn, two years ago 35A was my fifth choice and last year it was my first, that is what started me on the coues, now I just need to get one.

Good luck to all and God bless.

I thought that bonus point thing was only for elk( I have 8 )

Guest Ernesto C

Hey Keith if you really have 8 bonus points for elk,this is going to be your year. Just make sure the ................... well send me an email and I'll tell you a true story.

Ecibri@aol.com

Thank You and God bless you.

Ernesto C.