Sign in to follow this  
elkman

king buck

I was bored at work tonight and was reading the old archives of monstermuleys.com. I somehow ran into 100 post on the topic of the battle over the buck shot by dan king. I reconized some names from here and was curious on the topic. What ever finally happen with that whole thing. Who ownes the rack. Does anyone have the pictures of dan kings and jim reynolds buck. What unit did it take place in.

I have heard all sorts of stories on the subject, what was true. I think i seen a picture of the king buck one time but if anyone can post them it would bee nice.

Hope im not bringing up a sore subject for anyone. Not trying to start a debate just would like to know some info on the two largest bucks ever killed. Thanks Josh

Who can ever know the truth but the parties involved?

FYI - for those that want to see a fullsize mount of the King buck, go to the wildlife museum in Tucson. The museum is great and the mount is awesome. Believe me, you will be awestruck.....it's well worth a trip and they have tons of mounts of other big game.

http://www.thewildlifemuseum.org/

Amanda

Tht is an amazing deer no doubt. I also read the Reynolds buck was that big too. Any pics of that one? Also i heard the kiled those in 33 is that true. I was told by one of the guys at the pse shop in Tusc. Anyhow wow what a buck

Is any of these guys related to Ed stockwell? After a conversation with eddie this past weekend I was made aware that his cousin had shot a huge non typical in the 15X range. He also had a replica in Cabellas in Phoenix.

Why is it that neither the King Buck or Reynold bucks are listed on B&C when they are clearly larger than 144"?

I was told that King and Reynolds shot their bucks in the Coyote Mountains.

King's antlers are owned by the Game and Fish Department. They were mounted on a lifesize with another cape and are on loan for display at SCI's museum in Tucson under an agreement with the court.

I don't think either man is related to the late Ed Stockwell of Arivaca who took the No. 1 B&C typical Coues buck many years ago. (A replica of his deer is in fact at Cabela's in Glendale.)

Bill Quimby

1st - there was a lawsuit about the King buck and whether it was poached or not. That is why it is not in the B & C records.

2nd - from what I have heard, both bucks were taken in the Coyotes.

3rd - I think Dan King's wife is Ed Stockwell's daughter.

Could be wrong about the last 2 but pretty sure. CB

If they are the Coyotes isn't most of the range indian reservation? I guess that could be part of the reason those bucks were so big!

The buck on the wall at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Tucson is HUGE (near the shoe dept)

well i just spent the last hour reading through the forum on MM and at the end all i could gather is that they just want the story laid to rest (they meaning those who were there) only they know what truly happenned and for the rest of us we should just enjoy pics of those magnificent animals and hope that we might someday see something of that caliber I think i would probably go into shock if i glassed something even close to that

• Like 1

there was an article in Rocky Mtn Game and Fish about the King buck and the lawsuit several years ago.