tcharchery

Can you believe this!!! (B of A error)

I never knew you lost a bonus point or loyalty point for a declined card. It doesnt make sense you already paid your app. fee.

I didn't realize you would lose your points if your tag was rejected, and I do not understand that at all since its $7.50 for the point which is collected up front. Do you get your $7.50 back then?

The 7.50 is the app fee, you have to pay that no matter what because it's online. That doesn't count towards your points. It's just the fee you have to pay to use the online service.

The 7.50 is the app fee, you have to pay that no matter what because it's online. That doesn't count towards your points. It's just the fee you have to pay to use the online service.

You pay the same 7.50 with the paper application as well. If you dont get a tag you are refunded $114 not the full amount of your check.

BofA needs to hear from your lawyer.

I agree, find a Second Amendment friendly attorney.

Give him written proof of the charges and reversal of charges together with the explanation from BofA.

Next provide a copy of the elk tag for $300.000 story, get it multiplied by 3, and sue BofA for the $900K.

Feel free to offer the attorney 25-30% of the proceeds if succesful.

If you win remember me for giving this devious but brilliant idea.

Up until I read your story I was pretty crapped out about not getting drawn again, now all I can say is "It could've been worse"

• Like 1

All I can say is Money order is the absolute best way to go for many reasons I never trust the electronic way EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's like other smart people commenting on this being prepaired for what may be the hunt of your lifetime or the great memories you will be creating with Family putting in is the first step in makeing all this possible .I learned cash is king we save and set money aside every year for our hunts putting away cash every month so when the first chance we can put in we have the cash in hand for our hunts ,then we go straight to the post office and get a money order with triple checking our apps and making copies of them There are to many nightmares from your buddies coming up short and bouncing a check to Bof A screwing you out of a hunt of a life time in this day of electronic age its sad that this can happen but you hear of this EVERY I mean EVERY YEAR!!!!!yes there are mistakes that can happen on money orders too but its far less of a chance than the most convienant way!Dont leave your points and hunts to chance :blink:

• Like 1

I still dont understand why people bank with BofA, they are anti 2nd amendment and they have no problem telling you that. I work part time at a store and had a few people recently try to pay for something and card declined. They call bofa and find out new card is on the way and that their card is cancelled. Another one is friend is out of town working they call bofa to tell them and after 1 wks bofa closes the account due to suspicious out of state charges.

That sux about your card and the draw.

For some of us not in the big cities, their the only show in town.

Not for credit cards

Hawkeye, as convient as the online process is I am starting to think going paper, early with a money order is the way to go, the rest of it put to many possibilties of error into it. If they to go all online in the future they need to guarentee you atleast get abonus point when they take your $7.50 for the application fee, that way your loyaty point is safeguarded too, JLG.
I agree.

However, the paper option has a few minefields as well. The data entry clerk might transpose a number or two. Rare, but I'm sure it's happened.

I like the online option as it gives me total control in the data entry. If I screw up, I screw up. However, if a bank gets "trigger happy" and deems 3 charges as fraud....you're screwed.

So here's a solution: Continue the online process, but add the option to pay with an electronic check. Thousands of businesses use this every day. I pay alot of bills this way. Its fool-proof. Enter the Routing/Transit number and your account number. Funds are withdrawn immediately from your checking account. It's the same as writing and sending a paper check. Only faster.

Now a person has total control of ALL the data and funds. As long as there is a balance in your checking account at the time you complete your application, there is ZERO chance of error. AZG&F has the money, your app is complete and accurate since its done online and you don't have to worry about getting a hit on a CC that may or may not deem the charge as fraudulent.

There is no one entering numbers ... It is all digital OCR scans and G&F has a copy of every app... Try to say you made no mistake and they will send you a PDF showing the actual copy of your application and you will see for yourself as we did when one person did not use SS # but put the hunters ID. OCR now days is over 99% accurate and if the PDF comes up showing no error and that an error happened on G&F side they will remedy it.

Hawkeye, as convient as the online process is I am starting to think going paper, early with a money order is the way to go, the rest of it put to many possibilties of error into it. If they to go all online in the future they need to guarentee you atleast get abonus point when they take your $7.50 for the application fee, that way your loyaty point is safeguarded too, JLG.
I agree.

However, the paper option has a few minefields as well. The data entry clerk might transpose a number or two. Rare, but I'm sure it's happened.

I like the online option as it gives me total control in the data entry. If I screw up, I screw up. However, if a bank gets "trigger happy" and deems 3 charges as fraud....you're screwed.

So here's a solution: Continue the online process, but add the option to pay with an electronic check. Thousands of businesses use this every day. I pay alot of bills this way. Its fool-proof. Enter the Routing/Transit number and your account number. Funds are withdrawn immediately from your checking account. It's the same as writing and sending a paper check. Only faster.

Now a person has total control of ALL the data and funds. As long as there is a balance in your checking account at the time you complete your application, there is ZERO chance of error. AZG&F has the money, your app is complete and accurate since its done online and you don't have to worry about getting a hit on a CC that may or may not deem the charge as fraudulent.

There is no one entering numbers ... It is all digital OCR scans and G&F has a copy of every app... Try to say you made no mistake and they will send you a PDF showing the actual copy of your application and you will see for yourself as we did when one person did not use SS # but put the hunters ID. OCR now days is over 99% accurate and if the PDF comes up showing no error and that an error happened on G&F side they will remedy it.

You are correct, a paper application is assigned a number, the G&F can tell based on you app number if you would have been drawn for a hunt number that was not on you application. Two years ago I drew a deer tag that I did not apply for. Called them up, immediately pulled up my application and was told your correct you did not apply for that unit. At that time I was told they would need to call me back, when they did (two days later) I was told I would not have been drawn for my two choices and I could keep the tag I was drawn for (forfeit my bonus points) or return for a refund. I was a little bummed because I had put in for Dec hunts and they would surely give me a Dec tag.....

I can guarantee next year somebody will have the unfortunate event of a credit card reject....

I agree.

I didnt know that. Good info. Human error can still throw a curve ball. Assuming you dont live near a regional office and rely on the mailing industry.....what if the Post Office, FedEx or UPS loses your app? :)

Anyways...I still think adding an eCheck option would enhance the current online process immensely. Same as a paper check...only better!

Forlorn I never leave that step to chance as well I personally deliver my tag to Game and Fish office and drop it off in what we now call ( SMXL BOX 360) the super,magic, extra lucky Box 360 cause its round :D inside the Game and Fish office. Last year we drew a 12a tag and this year the coveted 3001 unit 1 tag.A buddy of mine told me last year when we were on our way to volunteer out on a youth pheasant hunt he drops his form every year in that box and had got drawn in unit 1 for bull 2 years in a row :ph34r: ever since that where I drop it off dough!!!!!I told you to much already B)

You pay the same 7.50 with the paper application as well. If you dont get a tag you are refunded $114 not the full amount of your check.

Oooh I did not realize that. Good catch.