I once saw 339 elk, 88 deer, and 3 bears in one day! It was a good day. Tell me about a good day you had. I'm bored!

My best day was seeing 12 bears in 1 day and getting charged 2 times. Also caught about 25 king salmon which tired me out good.

Here is one of the little guys who decided to charge me right after I took this pic.

100_0996.jpg

my best day was a couple of rabbits, a doe and a covey of quail....nah I just don't remember the exact numbers...but it would have to be recently during Jan where we chased two different herds of pigs in one day and got to see ruttin deer all over the place, bucks galore!!!

Great stories YOUNG HUNTER and ELKHUNTER, as for the rest of you, where's your stories? I know you got em', lets hear em'.

my best day is when i get to be like Elkhunter ( tyler ) and just hunt all the time! this dude spends more time in the field than any one else! tyler, do you have a job man?!?! must be nice!!!!!

monday was a pretty good day, saw 8 bucks.

i remember in the pat seeing around 30 or more whitetail and about 10 of them being bucks.

My best day was actually a weekend...a buddy and I saw countless deer many of them put on tape, turkey, two big horn sheep rams, bob cat, a bear, javalina and a mountain lion. We went back to the area for my hunt and found the deer we put on tape but while getting setup some other hunters busted the deer out.

So many to choose from.... so I may add another later.

Well for an easy, fun enjoyable yet short hunt, my antelope hunt was great. Spent the day before season scouting areas around town in wyoming. nothing more than 3 miles from my brother-in-laws home. We spotted a good heard and never got closer than 1.5 miles. He figured the heard had been staying out of sight in the low spot near a bluff. Also knew who owned the land and after a couple hours sight seeing, we headed back and made a call for permission to hunt on the next day.

We rolled up in the truck about 30 mins before sunup, parked about 400 yards uphill and started walking down to the fenceline 200 yards or so away. Slowly and quitely we moved to the fence and crossed it and expected to go another 100 yds to look downhill on the heard. the sun was peeking over the horizon and we were keeping low in our movements. Before we got 20 yards from the fence I hear my brother in law say "get down, keep down". I am looking forward and after a few seconds I realize he is looking toward the sun.

The heard buck we saw the day before was heading toward us at a pretty good pace. He is less than 75 yards away still coming!

Well he got to about 50 yards and I shot. He filled the scope completely and went down like a sack of potatos.

My hunt was over in about 2 minutes after sunrise opening day! Fortunately we had 4 other antelope and 2 other deer tags to fill and a week left to do it in.

We finished the day watching a pair of 180" plus whitetails that we spotted in about an hour after hanging the antelope but never got a clean shot.

Fun times... YEAH

Guest Ernesto C

Aahhhhhhh yea......those beatifull days.................ah this one time at band camp.......well that's another story.

Those days I hunted with my father,the day a harvested my first dove,my first rabbit,the day I harvested my first javelina and my first deer.......and the day I lost my virginity (because it was in the outdoors) oh yea those were really good days!! :lol: :P

What,what....did I say something :D

AZ4LIFE I'd love to hear them all! I tell you another. This past Jan. a friend and I were sitting 2 waterholes in southern AZ. waiting for some giant bucks to show up. My batteries died in my radio so I decided to go back to my Rhino which was parked halfway between us and change them out. While standing there changing the batteries a broken 2x3 (was a 3x3) walked 10 yds. behind me. I was holding out for a big buck so I tried calling my buddy on the radio with no success. Meanwhile the buck started walking away so I ran to get in front of the buck and turn him towards my friend. The buck turned around and started trotting back the way he came but I needed him to turn and run away from me towards my friend instead running parallel to me. I started yelling at my friend to just be ready because I was chasing a buck towards him. He must have thought I had lost my mind! Well this went on for about 7 or 8 minutes and I was running parallel within 10 yds. of the buck the whole time. Eventually he ran up ahead of me and stopped to feed on a tree so I turned and ran over to get my buddy. The buck gave us the slip. He came in to my waterhole later that evening and to my friends the next day but did not present him with a shot. I ended up sticking a 95'' 3x4, he bled a whole lot for about 300 yds. and then quit bleeding and went back to chasing a doe. I looked for him the rest of the day and the next day. I'm pretty sure I saw him the next day still chasing does. :( It was an exiting hunt. I passed up shots at several smaller bucks including a 77'' at 12 yds. My buddy had a very close call with an 80''er on the last day but the buck turned right before he was going to shoot.

Hey ELKHUNTER, I got a lot of stuff around my house not getting done cuz I'm either working or scouting so if you need something to do just drop me a line!

I saw 18 turkey's, 8 mulie bucks, 31 elk, a few desent shooters, 3 yotes, and a boneless cow elk. I can't say where the boneless cow is becuase of a pending case. It consisted of a cow skull, complete perfectly skinned hind, and a gut pile, NO BONES OR MEAT! It is kind of easy to figure out who did it by its location and the access to the area. Game and fish jumped on it quick!