Sign in to follow this  
almost

dont hate

Its just luck of the draw!! Wether you have bonus points of not if your name comes up you get a tag if not suck it up & try again next year. No tag for me this year, but I am happy for all the lucky ones who drew. My buddy & his nephew drew 6a early archery with 3 points.

Just my 2 cents,everyone goes through the dry tag spell,.Im47 and after 12 years of applying for unit 9 I got tired of waiting.I didnt want to hunt elk maybe 1 or 2 times before I am 75 so started applying for lesser units.odds go way up of getting drawn and getting to go! Ive been applying for bighorn sheep for 25 years and have max bonus points.My neighbor drew kofa tag first time applying,so I am not sold on worshipping at the altar of bonus points.depends on what you want to do,hunt or collect.

• Like 1

My friends hunted archery bull 3a/3c with 10 points in '09 then last year hunted archery bull unit 1 with 4 points and got drawn this year again in archery bull unit 1 with 2 points!

Wtf

Exactly!

People say and post that they get great tags every year or with very little bonus points but wasnt really convinced as they maybr stretching it a little. I NOW believe it as I know this to be the case! LUCK......wish I was that lucky!

Luck definitely helps but with some strategy behind your first and second choice you can greatly increase your chance of pulling tags. It also helps to not put in for early rifle bull or unit 9/10 archery ;)