Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Best Mexican Restaurant-they didn't do their research!

Everytime I go to my dentist. I go across the street to Los Corrales. There's not a betterway to mess up a good cleaning than destroying a super burrito. I even went after a root canal once!

El Gorrion -Tucson (across from Pueblo HS) by far the best red and green chile around

Nobody has mentioned El Charro in Mesa. The service is slow, the ambiance is old, drab and dark, and they close for like a month in the summer, but they are pretty good. Beans and salsa are good as well as the green chile. They make a cheese crisp with green chile in it that is awesome. The butter on the chips in globe is not my thing but that place has good chile colorado(red). I like burger house to because it's almost as cheap and fast as taco bell but a million times better.

• Like 1

Nobody has mentioned El Charro in Mesa. The service is slow, the ambiance is old, drab and dark, and they close for like a month in the summer, but they are pretty good. Beans and salsa are good as well as the green chile. They make a cheese crisp with green chile in it that is awesome. The butter on the chips in globe is not my thing but that place has good chile colorado(red). I like burger house to because it's almost as cheap and fast as taco bell but a million times better.

Because the topic is Best Mexican Food Restaurants. I wouldn't eat there again if it was free, in the 35+ years I have lived in AZ that place is without a doubt the bottom of the barrel. Construction site roach coaches or Circle K micro wave Burritos are better.

The place is just nasty, but then I only ate there twice and haven't been back in 20 years. Even my kids didn't like it.

One place I used to go to when December tags in 29 were easy to get was just across the border in Agua Prieta. It was an old converted house with an uneven foor. Just great food.

I know the worst one in AZ. I think it is called Alfonso's in Payson. Buddy and I ate exactly the same meals all day except for the Mexican food at lunch. I ended up blowing out both ends for about 8 hours down at Lake Roosevelt from food poisoning. The food is excellent but the after effects are painful.

• Like 1

just found out guayo's is opening up in show low again after 15 years. same old spot next to future tire on the deuce! where fiesta mexicana was.

ok class-can we spell 'relleno'? ! ?

lee