Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

A new State Record...Flathead!!!!!

Dont know this guy but heard him on a 90.3 Christian radio station saying how blessed he is to have caught that fish.. the biggest fish ever caught in az. sounded like a super nice guy. :)

A buddy of mine at work (who I actually took on his first deer hunt in November) almost gave this one a run for it's money. He caught a 73 pounder at Bartlett a few weeks ago. Those are some big old fish. We actually did a flathead fish fry during deer season one night and it was awesome. We made fish taco's with the flathead and it was great. He released that 73 lb'er so hopefully it will get bigger and be the next record soon.

• Like 1

Cant wait to stick a few of those hogs since its now legal to shoot catfish with a bow!!!! (in the salt river lake chain that is)

• Like 2

This is now only the third largest caught. Another guy landed a 75 pounder that was 3 pounds smaller then the record and 2 lbs bigger then this one. The guy in the picture is my buddy that I posted about awhile back.

post-592-0-42582400-1400736535_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

He caught this one when it was colder out so he said it didn't fight a lot but it was like dragging a 73lb rock to shore with your fishing pole. The dude who caught the 75lb last week said his took 30 minutes to land because it fought pretty hard.

• Like 1

Can't imagine getting an arrow into one of those hawgs!!!! It'll be a great fight that's for sure!!!