azcouesandelk

Scouting trip #2

Well this weekend was a great weekend. Found a lot of deer and a really good number of bucks. Throughout the weekend I found 22 deer and 9 were bucks. I found a total of 4 3x3’s plus eyeguards and a monster 4x4 plus eyeguards which I would guess would go 115 plus.

This first pic is of a nice little 3x3 and a good size fork. The picture was taken at 850 yards on 30x.

CopyofP9080015.jpg

This second pic is of a momma and a spike with about 1 or 2 inch nubs. This picture was taken right at 1000 yards on 60x.

CopyofP9090029.jpg

This third pic is of a doe that walked about 40 yards away. This pic is just with the camera not with the spotting scope.

CopyofP9090067.jpg

This fourth pic is of a lone doe on a rock outcropping. This pic was from 750 yards on 40x.

CopyofP9090027.jpg

This fifth pic is a find the deer. It was taken from about 900 yards on 20x. (This should be pretty easy)

CopyofP9090022.jpg

Here is my setup when I am up on the hill. I am packing in 2 tripods now so my pack is getting a little heavy.

CopyofP9080001.jpg

This seventh pic is of the moon. I could not believe how bright and orange it was.

CopyofP9090058.jpg

This last pic is of another random critter I found.

CopyofP9090066.jpg

Hope you all enjoy

Cool pics Christian, thanks for the update. Hope you can keep tabs on that 4x4 ;)

No it is the mom. When I first saw it I thought it was a buck by the way it was acting but after close examination I saw it was a doe with a very little spike with it.

Them are some great pic's :P You seem to know were to allways find bucks..... :P Bet you cant wait tell the hunt huh ;)

Neat pixs. You have a nice set-up. On the lone doe, I see a couple of extra horizontal lines. Could there have been more than one?

You guys are having too much fun. I gotta start taking pixs too.

Nice pics Christian.. good to see ya made it out there.. Its a little green out there, isn't it?? I just don't know how you could stand the amount of gnats and mosquitos that are out there right now!! It seems that here lately, everytime I even step out of the truck while I'm down there working, the danged things almost carry me off!! I just can't force myself to get out there and do any serious scouting yet cuz its just so hot and miserable still..

BTW, what type of tripods are you haulin' around these days?? I like the looks of them..

I am carrying 2 bogen tripods the one that my binos are on is the 3001bn and the one that my spotting scope is on is a 3205bn i believe. They are a little heavy but worth the stability in my mind.

bowhunter4life Posted Today, 10:02 PM

great pictures.looks like you may need to take up bowhunting and go chase those bad boys.

I have been thinking about getting a starting setup and practicing and possibly going this next year. Just need to find a decent one for under 300 to start

Figured I would add one more just because I think it is a great pic. This pic was taken from 850 yards around 50x.

CopyofP9090042.jpg