AZ_SAWBUCK

Are bipods really worth the extra weight?

I have the mid sized Harris bipod. I would not even consider going hunting without it. I have taken over 90% of the animals i have harvested proned out off the same bipod. If i can't lay down and shoot i try to move to a location where i can. I also carry a set of shooting sticks for the ocation where the grass is to high. As far as the extra weight goes it is a non-issue. As a matter of fact, on manny hunts i carry the longer bi-pod in my pack just incase i need to shoot from a sitting possition. I have also tryed the one that pivots and did not like it as well because it was a little less solid.

Just my .02

Whitey

Just dont use a cheap one. Had a winchester walmart special on y sons 7mm. Shot like crap and the was always a vabration everytime it was fired. Found the springs were giving off some harmonics. Didn't seem like it should effect anything but we took it off and shoots fine now.

I love mine. Not just when it comes time to take a shot, but when I'm glassing it keeps my rifle out out the dirt and close at hand.

• Like 1

I have one...don't use it much but I use the claw or outdoorsmans shooting system since I already carry a tripod to glass from...it is less weight than to carry a tripod and bipod.