azmetalman

Republicans Challenge DHS Ammo Buys

Another questioning point, is the FAA and the sequester furlough exploitation. Congress caved in and gave them more money. WE give money to third world countries like it is candy, but we can't even keep things in our own country under control. Pathetic.

gun-control-obama.gifIt

has been widely reported for months now that the government has been buying up ammunition at a rate we haven’t seen before. The conspiracy websites are franticly claiming the government is actually readying themselves for war against the American people themselves.

The government has indeed been buying up ammunition at an alarming rate. This is a fact. But what is really puzzling is…why?

It is being reported this morning that many ammunition manufactures cannot keep up with the demand from both the government as well as the civilian population, and the availability and price of ammunition proves this to be true.

While the acquisition of ammunition from the government is actually happening, it is not happening the way the conspiracy theorists would have us believe.

Let’s look for a moment at the big picture.

President Obama has stated on many occasions that he does not think Americans should possess guns of any kind. But he has also said he has to follow the constitution, barely, but he has to abide by the second amendment…somewhat.

He cannot take guns away from the American people…at least legally he can’t, but he can make ammunition scarce and expensive as he struggles to find some sort of gun-control he and the left wing in this country can get away with. With the spending power of the American government at his back, Obama can effectively buy up ammunition at a rate that it becomes impossible for manufactures to keep up enough supply the citizens.

This tactic is an interesting one if you really look at it. The government can afford to bury the ammunition factories in orders because they have an unlimited purchasing power and their orders supersede the orders from retailers. Don’t believe me? Look at any ammunition shelve in America today.

So Obama is actually restricting the purchase of ammunition to the American public and marginalizing its effect buy effectively managing the paranoia and talking points of the conspiracy folks out there.

Obama just might get gun control after all…while we are all looking the other way.

gun-control-obama.gifIt

has been widely reported for months now that the government has been buying up ammunition at a rate we havent seen before. The conspiracy websites are franticly claiming the government is actually readying themselves for war against the American people themselves.

The government has indeed been buying up ammunition at an alarming rate. This is a fact. But what is really puzzling iswhy?

It is being reported this morning that many ammunition manufactures cannot keep up with the demand from both the government as well as the civilian population, and the availability and price of ammunition proves this to be true.

While the acquisition of ammunition from the government is actually happening, it is not happening the way the conspiracy theorists would have us believe.

Lets look for a moment at the big picture.

President Obama has stated on many occasions that he does not think Americans should possess guns of any kind. But he has also said he has to follow the constitution, barely, but he has to abide by the second amendmentsomewhat.

He cannot take guns away from the American peopleat least legally he cant, but he can make ammunition scarce and expensive as he struggles to find some sort of gun-control he and the left wing in this country can get away with. With the spending power of the American government at his back, Obama can effectively buy up ammunition at a rate that it becomes impossible for manufactures to keep up enough supply the citizens.

This tactic is an interesting one if you really look at it. The government can afford to bury the ammunition factories in orders because they have an unlimited purchasing power and their orders supersede the orders from retailers. Dont believe me? Look at any ammunition shelve in America today.

So Obama is actually restricting the purchase of ammunition to the American public and marginalizing its effect buy effectively managing the paranoia and talking points of the conspiracy folks out there.

Obama just might get gun control after allwhile we are all looking the other way.

Not sure what source you cut/pasted that from, but anytime I see words like "it is widely reported...." I immediatly am suspicious of the spin-factor! ;)

I agree that the link to the first article provided some good facts.

S.

Which has the side effect of limiting components as well. Just try to find primers ... not easy.

Wonder why the ammo manufactures keep selling to the government knowing full well why they are buying it?

Probably because of iron clad contracts the Feds have put in place?

Clue me in partner, because I dont get why they would kill them selves. Must be money...

They probably have standing contracts to provide the feds with ammo. If they break the contracts, they get sued. Federal orders come before all others. Thats why the feds can tie up the ammo production

Clue me in partner, because I dont get why they would kill them selves. Must be money...

They probably have standing contracts to provide the feds with ammo. If they break the contracts, they get sued. Federal orders come before all others. Thats why the feds can tie up the ammo production

I'm thinking that the answer to the Krazy's original question is also MONEY! ;) Ammo makers are in business to make money. Even if they didn't have a contract why on earth would they 'not' sell to the government if they're willing to buy?

BTW, I agree Snapshot I'm sure they must a contract. Can you imagine the red-tape wrapped around that contract process??? lol

S.

I'm thinking that the answer to the Krazy's original question is also MONEY! ;) Ammo makers are in business to make money. Even if they didn't have a contract why on earth would they 'not' sell to the government if they're willing to buy?

BTW, I agree Snapshot I'm sure they must a contract. Can you imagine the red-tape wrapped around that contract process??? lol

S.

Good points. I would like to know how much the government pays per round for any given caliber/cartridge designation. I suspect it would be much like NASA's hammers and the infamous $$$$$ toilet seats.

I am sure it's about money. That's why they are in business.

I am not sure how the contracts are setup, but I do know that the manufacturers are required to supply a certain percentage of their production to fulfill Government orders, at any given time. With the Fed's purchasing 1 billion plus rounds over 5 years, that puts a huge demand on the production, which in turn creates shortages, in brass, bullets, powder, primers etc, Add the private consumer demand into the mix, and here we are.

If the ammo makers are geared up for producing 9mm,.40 S&W, and .45 acp. .223. and 7.62 it will aslo create a shortage of less popular ammo because they have their production lines setup for these main cailbers for Federal orders, and spending less time manufacturing others.? Just my thought.

It's like automobiles. If the feds wanted to keep us from driving, all they have to do is control the fuel supply.

When Obama was gettting elected the first time, remember the flurry of ammo sales over the rumor of a severe tax hike on ammo.

There's good coverage of this story, by the way, at:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-round...

As you can see for yourself, this DHS contract requests huge quantities of all the following ammunition (and much more):

• Over one million rounds of hollow-point .223 rifle ammo
• Over half a million rounds of non-hollow-point .223 rifle ammo
• 220,000 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun #7 ammo (target ammo)
• Over 200,000 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun #00 buckshot ammo (tactical anti-personnel ammo)
• 66,000 rounds of 12 gauge shotgun slugs (tactical anti-personnel, anti-vehicle rounds)
• Over two million rounds of hollow-point .357 Sig JPH (hollow-point) pistol ammo (anti-personnel)
• Over four million rounds of .40 S&W JPH (hollow-point) pistol ammo (anti-personnel)
• Over 60,000 rounds of .308 match grade anti-personnel sniper rounds (BTHP)
• Plus, hundreds of thousands of additional rounds of .38 special, .45 auto, 9mm, 7.62x39 (AK rifle) ammo, and others.

This is on top of the massive 450 million .40 S&W hollow point rounds the DHS has already requisitioned

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036802_DHS_ammunition_shooting_war.html#ixzz2S3bK7vx6