Sign in to follow this  
resolute

WTB Bond Arms Snake Slayer

Looking to buy a Bond Arms Snake Slayer or Slayer IV. Just moved into the desert and are being overrun by very large DBacks! Am in Tucson but willing to drive. Thanks

Rodent problem, get rid of the pack rat dens if you have any?

I had a Bond snake slayer and didn't like the way the trigger had to be pulled for it to fire with a live round. Empty it was fine if you dry fired it but was very frustrating when trying to shoot something. I sold it and got the Taurus public defender. Much better with 5 shots instead of 2.

Have the pack rats fairly under control at least as far as I know. Have traps set constantly. Have a very aggressive 5 footer that won't rattle until you step on him. I was within 2 feet earlier today when he rattled and snapped at me. I have chickens which may keep him around but also have a very curious 5 year old which concerns me....until he is dead...thx azbow. I will look into the Taurus as well.

Sorry to hear about your snake problem. I agree with getting rid of the pack rats and such. If you are feeding the wild birds stop that as well, the seeds and grain attracts squirrels and rats not to mention birds of all type are on the menu for rattlesnakes. As for the chickens, feed them in an enclosed feeder try not to let the feed spread around as well. Stop water sources for any critters except the chickens. Get small gauge wire fencing, e.g., rabbit fence, to block off any holes in the walls around your property. Try not to walk around in the morning and evening hrs when the snakes are most probably active. And finally always wear shoes outside and never move outside in the dark without a light. Remember it is pure myth that rattlesnakes rattle when they are about to strike, they do what ever they want as you have found out, stay safe.

Ernest

Dead Snake= Good snake especially with a little guy running around.

Have the pack rats fairly under control at least as far as I know. Have traps set constantly. Have a very aggressive 5 footer that won't rattle until you step on him. I was within 2 feet earlier today when he rattled and snapped at me. I have chickens which may keep him around but also have a very curious 5 year old which concerns me....until he is dead...thx azbow. I will look into the Taurus as well.

We built our home on a rock pile that had a significant population of packrats, kangaroo rats, mice and ground squirrels.The rattlesnake population was proportional to the rodent population. In the beginning it took me 2 years of trapping diligence which continues now after 10 years. My rat/mouse/ground squirrel kill has dropped from 2 or 3 each day to 1 or 2 /month. The payoff is that I have not seen a rattlesnake on the property for the last 3 years. Two neighbors have taken the challenge which also helps. I feed quail and doves every morning but no rattlesnakes. Keep up your trapping program. If a rattlesnake can't make a living on your proerty it will move on. (My theory has been disputed by some but it works for me.)

WTS Hardly used Benelli Montefeltro. Buy the Benelli that's posted and look good shooting those snakes (and rats) . I too agree the rattle snakes these days seem to hold off on the alert until you are 12" from them ? I don't know what it is ? O zone layer, Obama ????? Don't know something seems to have changed ?

DT

WTS Hardly used Benelli Montefeltro. Buy the Benelli that's posted and look good shooting those snakes (and rats) . I too agree the rattle snakes these days seem to hold off on the alert until you are 12" from them ? I don't know what it is ? O zone layer, Obama ????? Don't know something seems to have changed ?

DT

Yeah, I guess your right...it's got to be Obama