Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Archery Sheep?

Guest akaspecials

Does anyone know how many sheep in Arizona are taken with archery equipment on any given year? Is this data collected anywhere?

Great Question. I was wondering the same thing. Hope someone could shed some light on this one.

Call Arizona Game & Fish dept, and talk to W/M they have the info,.....or send a message to Jay Scott or better yet E-MAIL ARIZONA DEAERT SHEEP SOCIETY!!......they have all the info, you need!!......happy hunting!!......Korey's guide has the info , as well im sure!! :D

I don't think that anyone would have that info since you can use any legal weapon on a sheep hunt. I don't remember if G&F asks what weapon was used when you do the required checkout. Did they ask you last year when you checked in your great ram,Smitty?

I don't think that anyone would have that info since you can use any legal weapon on a sheep hunt. I don't remember if G&F asks what weapon was used when you do the required checkout. Did they ask you last year when you checked in your great ram,Smitty?

Agree. I doubt there's an official tally anywhere, and no one asked me what I used. That said, the AZ Bowhunting Record Book might list many if not all of them.

I do know of at least three who killed sheep with bows: Brian Hamn and Cindi and Corky Richardson.

I do know of at least three who killed sheep with bows: Brian Hamn and Cindi and Corky Richardson.

Cindi and Corky's daughter did as well. There is also a video on youtube of

and Corky's hunts.

The most recent, 5th Edition (2010), shows 23 entries for desert sheep and 6 for rocky mountain. Corky entered his since the book was printed, so there are at least 24 deserts now. Barry Sopher also entered a new State Record Rocky since the printing, so there are at least 7 Rockies now as well.

• Like 1