Couestracker

My Chiricahua Gould's turkey hunt

Congrats on your goulds turkey. What a beautiful bird an awsome hunt you had. Cant wait tell i get drawn. I think i have 7 points so i am getting up there and hopefully it happens soon.

Thanks for the nice comments guy's. I drew this Gould's tag after 5 years of trying with only the minimum bonus points (2) as I drew a Kaibab tag last year (tag soup). I have been extremly busy this past month. I had 5 turkey hunts, which included 3 day's I mentored at the NWTF youth camp on Colcord Ridge, the San Carlos Reservation hunt, 2 trips to New Mexico and the Chiricahua Gould's hunt, for a total of 19 days! NOT complaining mind you, but wow, maybe too much too soon...but FUN. Thanks to my wife Julie for being so understanding.

I'll post my New Mexico hunt story soon, I have to catch up on some other pressing matters.

Thanks, Tommy.

Wow. 2 bonus points! You're the third person I know to get a Gould's tag for this spring with only 2 bonus points. Two friends of mine both (separately) got drawn in the Pinalenos for Gould's tags with 2 points each. And here I am sitting on 11 points. Go figure! Congrats again on an awesome season!

Dang nice bird!!! very good story! short but sweet!..congrats!...cant wait to hear about N/M TOMs....tom!! ;)

great bird and any time I can help again just call