Sign in to follow this  
desertsheep

7 Days and counting

Well boys to all of you that were lucky enough to pull a tag this year here we go. Leaving tomorrow to scout for a few days then back home for a few supplies. Then back to my unit for the hunt. Good luck to all. Take some good picture's to post up.

Jason

Thanks for reminding me that i did not draw a Elk tag again this year. I almost had my stuff loaded and ready to go.

Jason good luck on your hunt! I'll be up there this weekend scouting also. The bulls were just warming up last Saturday so they should be screaming this weekend. I'll have lots of pics and video after a few weeks, it will be a lot of fun!! Good Luck

Dang it , I didn't mean to post that picture.. :D :D :D :D

What's really strange is that the season normally starts tomorrow 9/15 and this year it's a week later.

Not sure if you guys have seen the weather ?? Cold front moving through and LOW temps in the 30's above 6500 feet starting next week. BRING ON THE RUT!

Good Luck Desertsheep- Hope you drop a Monarch!

azP&Y

Doug

post-898-1158283208.jpg

Honestly I am a little nervous about the season starting a week later. Last years opener, the bulls were going crazy. I just hope that they are not wore down to bad this year. Should be fine but I have never seen an opener this late. :unsure:

I drew a late archery cow tag and hope the rut runs long this year. anyway, i was up in 6a west this a.m. trying to find a deer, which I should know better by now will never happen, but the bulls were bugling non stop all morning until about 8a.m.. Saw a nice 6x6 with a herd of about 10 cows and all the bulls were bugling on the move toward bedding grounds. It was a great morning till the rain hit.

Off to unit 9 to set up camp in a few hours and will scout some more this weekend then back to Flag to finish up a little work then back to 9 on 09/19 thru 10/6.......WOOHOO it's finally time!!!

Geoff