Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Blue Ridge

I heard that Blue Ridge is going to be drained down. Any body know for sure and when they are going to do it?

I was fishing Blue Ridge last weekend, pumps where running. Fishing was bad, just hold over trout left. We trolled whole lake for 6 hours caught one trout. Sounds like draining the lake is a soar subject to Happy Jack/Clintwells resident, they are pissed. Way I see it, if dam needs fixed, then fix it

Too bad, but if they need to fix the dam do it now before it lets go. I might plan a trip up there anyway see how the bite is. Better then sitting around the house for a weekend.

I am going to fish it either next Friday or saturday will report, JLG.

I am going to fish it either next Friday or saturday will report, JLG.

Hows the motor working out for you?

Next weekend will be the maiden voyage. Should be perfect for Blue Ridge. That's what I had in mind when I got it. Will let you know about that too, Take Care, JLG.

I can not find any information taht the reservoir is going to be drained in fact the only info I found related to several water users obtaining water rights. SRP spent a lot of money over the past 2 years improving the delivery system. If anybody hears more please post it for us rim junkies.

This was the commission's agenda for a webcast this weekend.

Temporary Removal of Bag and Possession Limits on Trout at CC Cragin (Blue Ridge) Reservoir. Presenter: Chris Cantrell, Fisheries Branch Chief.

Due to the impending dramatic lake level draw down of CC Cragin Reservoir, the Commission may approve the immediate removal of the bag and possession limits on trout (effective 10 days from approval) until August 31, 2013.

I didnt see the webcast so I dont know why they are dropping the water level. Not sure when they will post the webcast....they may have said why they are releasing the water.

I believe the same thing happened last year. I went and checked the lake last July when I heard they were selling the water and it was the lowest I had ever seen it. My buddy was there two weeks ago and said it is full again but I am assuming they are going to use that water up again this year!

Fished it today with 2 off my friends. We caught 8 between 13 1/2 and 15 1/2 inches. Lake was full, we had it to ourselves. Chris the motor ran great once I decided to read the instruction. Nice addition to my boat, Thanks again, JLG.

did ya troll lures or spinners - haven't been the blue ridge in a lot of yrs. having a boat is the only way to go- very limited shore access

looks like i need to get up there then.

Gary, cowbells with worms. They didn't stock it this year so any fish you catch will be holdovers. Looks like 13+ inches is the starting point and goes from there. Great day of fishing and checking out the beauty of Blue Ridge, Take Care JLG.