Sign in to follow this  
JLG

6.8 spc

Anybody have any experiance with this caliber in an AR-15 platform. It seems it would be a cool pig/deer rifle out to 300 yards or so. I think a 24" barrel would be very accurate, Take Care, JLG.

My brother in law in Laredo, TX has a Ruger Mini-6.8 and loves it for hogs down there. I don't know if he's shot any deer with hit, but he's dropped some hogs. Can't imagine it wouldn't be just as good in an AR platform.

Have you looked at the 6.5 Grendel? Now thats a sweet setup for the AR platform. Better velocity, b.c. and sectional densities than the 6.8. I have a buddy that shot a coues last year at 500 yards with the 123 Amax and it dropped like a wet turd.

it dropped like a wet turd.

One of the better descriptions I have heard.

My nephew's nine-year old boy has taken white-tailed deer (including some big bucks in south Texas) and exotics up the size of kudu using a Daniel Defense rifle in 6.8 spc. I think that his kudu bull was about 175 yards, but I know that he has shot a couple of big deer out to almost 300. All of the ones that I know about were one-shot kills. Oh, yeah, and he has killed about half a dozen hogs--one was pushing 300 lbs live weight.

I could see this round being awesome on P-Dogs, up in Seligman when the wind kicks up. JLG.