Sign in to follow this  
fatfootdoc

archery elk

Well I am off tomorrow on the belated start to my unit 16 b archery bull hunt. I was supposed to have 2 other buddies going in with me but they crapped out on work schedules and will not be there until Friday. So I need all the help I can get, so guys keep your fingers crossed for me(or say your prayers) whatever is your pleasure, I am in a long drought for elk. I just hope they are bugling like mad out there. Hopefully next time you hear from me you will see a picture of me with a big poop eating grin on my face and my large portly body framed by a 5pt or better BULL ELK!! :D YEE HAW AND AWAY I GO!!!!! AG

Oh and by the way if the rack looks small it is just because I am so fat!!!

Good Luck FFDOC!

Keep the faith and drop a big one! You will be one tired hunter, cutting and guttin' if you are hunting alone for the first couple of days!!

May an ATV rider find you if you need the assistance ! :P

Doug

AzP&Y

1st week of deer season I had a massive 6x6 walk by my treestand at about 6 yards and then stop and stand broadside at 12 with his head down. All I took away from the encounter was a smile and great memory. He was buggling like crazy (as were his brothers around us). I hope you have a similar experience with a better outcome! Fingers are crossed!

I've hunted 16b a couple of times and it can sure whip you into shape in a hurry!

Hope you have a great hunt and can't wait to see some picture!

Well I am back from my elk hunt and had a blast! Told my wife that was the most fun I had had in 10 years, funny thing was that I never even saw an elk. There was so much standing water and good forage that they were scattered all over the place and not bugling at all until Sat. and then just in the am. Now if I had been hunting turkey(16 toms walked right in front of me at 10 yards), deer(saw the biggest carp that I have ever seen in NM about 32 + inches wide from inner velvet to inner velvet and was with 6 other bucks at about 80 yards), Bear( about 350 lb black bear at 300 yards, 180 lb cinnamon bear at 24 yards, and 300 lb cinnamon boar at 12 yards oh yeah and no archery tag as I was in too much of a hurry to get out and hunt!! :blink: , I called the last 2 in with a calf call!) and one grey fox which I did not want to take the time to skin so I did not shoot. Overall it was a blast and made me remember why I like to hunt so much. I got to take some time and think about how lucky I am, the life I have , the family I have and the hobbies I pursue, and the friends and family I am able to do it with. Life is awesome and I hope my antelope hunt in Oct is half as fun, I am taking my 10 year old son with me so it will be great I am sure. Thanks for all the guys that thought about my fat bald butt out there doing what I love. Take care, AG