Sign in to follow this  
Bitter24

Wireless trail camera question....prior to opener.

First off hello everyone, so got some trail cams up today and came to the realization that hiking into the back country mountains to find the deer other people dont hike too, well there is a reason people dont normally go there its BRUTAL. So anyone use the wireless trail cams? If so and pros and cons of them? What models etc.

Really want to get some pics of the deer using the area, and for a flat lander that moved to mountains well is a workout no doubt. But well worth it. Just think switching to wireless is worth it. Any info you can pass on would be great. Thanks in advance.

Bitter

Well that's the good thing with those. You would get pics of them messing with your cam and have a couple hours to show up if the cams are way in there :)

Don't forget wilderness areas are off limits to cameras, I had an issuue in this area.

Is that really the case? I thought you just could not have motor vehicles in wilderness areas. I don't have any cameras anyway in those places but that is good information to know. Do you have any specific regulation to reference?

(no thread hijacking intended)

Don't forget wilderness areas are off limits to cameras, I had an issuue in this area.

So my cell phone would be off limits, because it has a camera built in it...

when trail cams are outlawed only outlaws will mount them!

James

• Like 2

Thanks for the help so far guys and thanks AZlance for the reply. Never heard that you couldn't have cameras there before mulepackhunter, are you talking the preserves or any public land like national forest and BLM. I've knly lived in AZ for a year in half now and finally to a point with work where I can start focusing some time on scouting and hunting. Just thinking with working +/- 100 hours a pay period would be nice to have wireless cams so I can have instant feedback and not hiking up in the mountains to pull cards and replace batteries as often. I do enough hiking mountains at work that it would be nice to not have to so often on my days off. Just trying to figure out the best course of action as far as which cameras.

www.smartscouter.com

I have no personal experience with these, but a friend uses them and likes them. He forwarded an email that shows they have a Fathers Day sale through 6/21 almost 50% off. You have to call to get the deal I guess.

I only have second hand information on the wilderness thing but was told my cameras could confiscated if left in wilderness area even one day. I will find out and post specifics