Sign in to follow this  
RAC

Coolers

I was looking at getting another cooler for upcoming hunting season.

Wanted to get some feed back if anyone has a Yukon or Yeti.

Thanks Roy

I've heard they are great if you are not in and out of them all of the time. If you are in and out of them a lot you might as well have a 5 day cooler from Walmart.

Just got the yeti 65. Best cooler i have ever used. The ice can stay for days I had it up north and didn't add ice for 3 days. Yeti man for life now. Btw fits over 70 beers and we were opening it all weekend long and adding beers not ice.

• Like 2

I've heard they are great if you are not in and out of them all of the time. If you are in and out of them a lot you might as well have a 5 day cooler from Walmart.
problem with the igloo and coleman max 5 day coolers is that the cheap lids warp if left in az sun at all. Then, they will not seal properly No seal, no ice. Happened too many times to me. Now it's yeti or nothing

I have the big green Coleman one from Walmart. It held 6 days of ice many times for a year or so. Then I took a group out.... People sitting on it, not respecting what it's there for, etc. now the lid is cracking and I get 3 days max from it.

I have the Yeti 125. Used it for a six day deer hunt last year. Was still frozen when we got home. I'm pretty confident I could fit a whole elk it. Best cooler I've ever had.

• Like 1

Canyon Coolers all the way. I went out on a limb and got them when a lot of my buddies were getting their yetis and I haven't regretted the decision one bit. They hold up and hold ice every bit as good, just don't have quite as nice fit and finish. I'll never go back to the Colemans or Igloo. That being said I have one 102 quart rubber maid that has all stainless hardware that has been really good to me but I paid almost as much as a canyon cooler for it.

post-216-0-91613500-1371248564_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have an engel best cooler I have ever had! some buddies and I go on a 5 day canoe trip down the verde every year held up great and had frozen beers and I mean frozen every day that's what I would recommend

I have had a Yeti in the bed of my truck for over a year. Winter time you might add ice once a week. This time of year bout every three days. That's going in and out all day in the desert. When it goes up north never have a problem with melting ice. Seals so tight when it happens to tip over, remains sealed with nothing leaking out. One thing that's nice is if you grab a beer and close, then your buddy wants one he can't get it open saving you on beer costs as well. In emergency rehydration you can open the drain valve and she will open with ease! It's worth every penny.

I borrowed a couple Yeti coolers for my extended hunt last year and they were fantastic. Knowing I could be out for 2 weeks, I filled one with food and some frozen water/juice bottles, the other with frozen milk jugs and 2 liter soda bottles. My hunt ended earlier than I expected, but I'm sure I could have gone at least 10 days before running out of ice.

No experience with the other brands mentioned here.