I have found most hornady bullets to be higher than published. Some by not too much and others by a lot. I use .514 for the 178 out to 700 yards at 308 velocity. 850 I have to use published and 1k I have to use .450

I think they use lower velocities for their testing because it has been proven that the 208 at 2900'sec is .665-.670 yet they publish .648. Litz tested it and found it to be .647 at 25 or 2600'sec which is close to published. Litz proclaims .633 based on a BC average between 2900 and 1500'sec. His test at 2900 showed .665. My experiments have shown .671 at 2900 and .647 at 2675. Very close to Litz and hornady.

The 140 VLD is visibly sleeker than the Amax and I find that .612 is spot on.

The Amax has performed for me very well out of my 6.5-284 but my other 6.5s don't seem to like them as well as the bergers. Brian litz had an article in the varmint hunter where he tested various hunting bullets and said the Amax was one of the slickest in the business but was one of only a few hornady bullets tested that was under estimated. I made a PDF copy of the article if anyone wants it shoot me an pm with an email address. Very interesting read.

All I know before I fired a shot with this rifle it brought a tear to my eye. First stop was Brunos for brass, of course Lapua was the only one in stock, up side it will last forever. Next stop Sportsmans Warehoue for dies, RCBS D type not the cheap A type then a box of factory ammo, holey moley 52 bucks without tax. I started reloading when I was 17, can't remember the last time I bought factory ammo, but it wasn't 52 dollars.

But I seen a picture of the groups your getting with that rifle. I bet that brought a tear due to a different emotion.