Sign in to follow this  
jonscaife

Bear broad head advice

Hey guys! I got a bear coming into a tank and was thinking about goin after him come archery season. Currently I'm running muzzy 100 grain 3 blade. This is my first time goin after bear with a stick and string, what do you guys think? Should I put something heavier on? What broadhead are you all using? Any advice would be appreciated. THANKS!

100 gr muzzy's brought down the 3 elk in my avitar. Just put it in the boiler room, it'll take care of the rest.

Killed a bear with a 3 blade 75 grain muzzy 2 years ago blew through him and he buckled up at about 60 yards think you will be fine

I prefer the G5 Montec. Weight isn't as important as BH construction. Find where your arrow has the most KE. Lost a bear to replaceable blades.

I also shot a lot of game with 3 blade muzzy 100 grain, but after switching to the GraveDigger. There is not a better broadhead for getting the job done!

http://nolimitarchery.com/

^^Or this, if I didn't already have 2 dozen Muzzys and replacement blades for them all, I'd be trying these.

I also shot a lot of game with 3 blade muzzy 100 grain, but after switching to the GraveDigger. There is not a better broadhead for getting the job done!

http://nolimitarchery.com/

^^Or this, if I didn't already have 2 dozen Muzzys and replacement blades for them all, I'd be trying these.

There's a classified fourm you know.

• Like 1

100grain shwacker will do the trick every time. Several CWT members including myself have taken bears with shwackers.

• Like 1

Slick Tricks, G5 Strikers, Magnus Stinger Buzzcut. All very good heads. Honestly, the head you are shooting, 3 blade Muzzy 100 gr., is my go-to broadhead. If they shoot well out of your bow, I would stick with them.

Here are a few critters that I've taken with the standard Muzzy 100 Gr. All died within sight.

post-478-0-04884500-1371531769_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-13318200-1371531801_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-57311300-1371531838_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-48393000-1371531873_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-03730400-1371531887_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-16500500-1371531910_thumb.jpg

I desperately hate Muzzy broadheads due to flimsy materials and lack of straightness, however they have been proven killers for 3 decades. Bears are not any tougher than a big mule deer. They have a big chest cavity, however it is deep from spine to sternum, not from side to side. Any good moderate deer setup should suffice.