Sign in to follow this  
TAM

Docey fire near Prescott

Been watching this thing grow all day. Lots of houses right in it's way. I took this picture of Granite Mountain from my driveway in Prescott a few minutes ago using my Outdoorsmans digi scope adapter. The entire ridgeline to the north of the mountain is just glowing, it's pretty eerie looking!

post-25-0-63888200-1371617966_thumb.jpg

Last I heard it was 6,000 acres!

Thoughts and prayers for all those who had to leave their homes and also for those fighting this one. Hope mother nature is on the side of the fire fighters tomorrow.

TJ

Yes this was it earlier in the day. So sad!!! Thoughts and prayers to everyone

post-10454-0-83721100-1371619852_thumb.jpg

I heard in the news this was possibly human started, anyone know the skinny on that? Someone just had to have a campfire maybe?? I just don't get people sometimes. Go ahead and camp, enjoy the outdoors, you don't need a campfire to have a great time. Prayers go out to the family's and ththe well being of their homes and property's in that fires path.

GBA

I heard in the news this was possibly human started, anyone know the skinny on that? Someone just had to have a campfire maybe?? I just don't get people sometimes. Go ahead and camp, enjoy the outdoors, you don't need a campfire to have a great time. Prayers go out to the family's and ththe well being of their homes and property's in that fires path.

GBA

There wasn't a cloud in the sky yesterday. The area it started is right out of town with quite a bit of human activity.

I heard on the radio this morning it grew over 5,000 acres overnight! Holy moly that's a fast fire!

Inciweb stated 7,000 acres as of this mornings briefing, with expected 20mph winds today. Type 1 IMT was supposed to be on site today as well. Not sure where it is at this afternoon, but I doubt it's gotten smaller.