I know this is a longshot but I'll give it a try. I was out near San Manuel yesterday evening towards the back of Mt. Lemon and found a 4-6 year old yellow lab, male, and has been neutured. He had no collar and there was no one around, he was out in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't just leave him so I brought him home, someone somewhere is missing this dog, he is a relentless feching machine and very good natured.

If anyone has heard of a missing Lab they can PM me.

I have a 120lb yellow lab and they get along real good. I left a note at the store in San Manuel also.

Help find Scout's lost people (I named him Scout cuz that's what I was doing when I found him) :D

Thanks for the advice Doug, I didn't think of that and it just so happens that he does have a chip! I called the service and they located the owner...............................BUT, it turns out that there is some kind of problem. The person that was supposed to be the owner hung up on the Pet Locating Service 2 times and the 3rd time they told the service "I no longer have a dog named Angel" (Angel is his name but we're gonna stick with Scout for now). It turns out that "Scout" is from Chandler and I am starting the transfer of ownership process as soon as I finish this post!

I just can't believe that someone just dumped Angel (AKA Scout), I really think that there has got to be more to the story BUT, after 30 days and a written notice I will belong to Scout (AKA Angel) :D

The lazy jerk just dumped the dog. Call the sheriff, it's against the law and very cruel. If they live in Chandler, that's Sherriff Joe territory. He don't be likin' animal abusers.

But, be careful if you have kids, there may have been a problem with the dog biting or being agressive.

nice job brian! but like Desertbull said, there has to be a reason someone dumped him. how is he around food? who names a male labe Angel anways? Scout fits a lot better!

Listen I did not want him anymore because he was a better hunter than me. :blink:

That is just sick and wrong i would say. It only cost 50.00 to have them put down in a more humane way if they are dangerous. And you can give away a dog if he is a good dog. But like said above i would be carful at first with my kids and other friends of the kids. Labs were made as fighting dogs because they are strong and can be very agressive if needs be. A friend of mine had his daughter attacked by the cousins dog because they got in a this is mine pushing fight, And the dog protected the girl by ripping some bad wounds in the other 6 year old.

All of our kids are grown up and have kids, I have 3 grandaughters and will pay very close attention to interaction with Scout. My other Lab "Duke" is a great big Teddy bear, the grandaughters call him "slobber dog". I haven't seen any aggresive traits yet, the first thing I did was while he was eating I took the food and pulled on his tail (not real hard) and he had no problem with it, so far so good. There is a little jealousy thing building between the two so I have to be careful but that is only with me not any other family member.

I really think that it was all meant to be and Scout is at home now.

Ya huh Casey, that's what I thought..........................Angel??

a dog followed my little brother home from school in about march or so and she has been there ever since. she is a really really good dog, she is the most relaxed dog i have ever seen. only thing bad about this dog is she ate my deer skull from my 2005 buck!!!! phuta! but she is a good dog and gets along with my 10 year old brother, all his friends and our 6 year old and 4 year old neighbor kids that are there all the time.

the jealousy thing, my parents chocolate lab "snickers" and my mut "ojos" have that big time but my dog just whines and moans when my dad is petting snickers and not him, hes a funny dog!

cool story about "scout" and his new Family. Mabe he'd make a good bird dog too

Thanks for the advice Doug, I didn't think of that and it just so happens that he does have a chip! I called the service and they located the owner...............................BUT, it turns out that there is some kind of problem. The person that was supposed to be the owner hung up on the Pet Locating Service 2 times and the 3rd time they told the service "I no longer have a dog named Angel" (Angel is his name but we're gonna stick with Scout for now). It turns out that "Scout" is from Chandler and I am starting the transfer of ownership process as soon as I finish this post!

I just can't believe that someone just dumped Angel (AKA Scout), I really think that there has got to be more to the story BUT, after 30 days and a written notice I will belong to Scout (AKA Angel) :D

Cool, I would suggest keeping quite and transfer the dog once you can. I wouldn't want the owner POS to have second thoughts and want to get the dog back.

Scout now will have a better home.

Redman

Who would dump a lab off somewhere? Okay, missedagain may have wanted to dump my dog off some place a couple of times but, wait... where's Buddy!?! :ph34r:

I don't think I would be too worried about the owner coming back to get "their" dog, he's probably happier being with your pooch and your family. They are great dogs. B)

Bass- I wouldn't do anything to buddy, he only ate my sandwich; it's your dads dog that ate my 500 dollar bino's :angry:

Yeah, that dog needs to be dumped off somewhere far, far away. He got your binos, two of my video cameras, cell phones, a wallet full of cash, shoes, under wear, and too many new clothes. And yet we still kept him. :lol: