Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Classless move by MLB

You would figure they would accept the honor, but you never know with these dang sports teams.

Just like Obama asking the sports teams to help him pimp Obamacare to the fans.

The NFL wears pink to honor breast cancer awareness, a baseball team can surely wear something for the fallen.

They just announced on the Dbacks game that all jerseys worn tonight will be auctioned after the game with all proceeds going to the Granite Mountain hotshot families. Also the dbacks are doing a 50/50 ticket raffle for the Granite Mountain Hotshots and as of right now the jackpot is almost $100,000. Dbacks also said they will match all donations made to the families at tonight's game.

Also the dbacks donated $100,000 to the 100 Club for the firefighters who died.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/mlb/arizona-diamondbacks/story/D-backs-foundation-pledges-another-100K-?blockID=917897&feedID=3801

Sounds like a class act to me.

• Like 1

You are a joke. what is a hat gonna do? check the 100 club and see what D Backs did.

Never said anything about the Dbacks I said "MLB" if you read the article the dbacks petitioned mlb to wear the hats during the game and mlb denied it.

The dbacks org has a lot of class! They have already donated $100k and will match all donations again up to $100k. Once again never said anything about the Dbacks.

• Like 1

I'm sure it had something to do with the multi-million dollar contract that MLB has with New Era. I believe I read somewhere that if MLB used a non-New Era hat in a game it is a million dollar penalty.

The dbacks org has a lot of class! They have already donated $100k and will match all donations again up to $100k. Once again never said anything about the Dbacks.

I wouldn't sweat it. Some guy's just like to fling poop.

• Like 1

I'm sure it had something to do with the multi-million dollar contract that MLB has with New Era. I believe I read somewhere that if MLB used a non-New Era hat in a game it is a million dollar penalty.

Maybe but I do recall they let the NY teams to wear FDNY hats on 9/11.

In the end, the hat thing is just a warm and fuzzy and does nothing to heal broken hearts.

• Like 3

I just got home from the game tonight.

Incredible job by the bag pipers pre game and the 19 seconds of silence tribute, not a dry eye in the place.

Moving , very moving.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=28632985

Skaggs threw a 3 hit shut out. Lots of military in the house , fireworks after. Great way to spend an evening and remembering those that sacrifice every single day in so many ways.

Azp&y

post-898-0-40789400-1373089770_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just to be clear... It was the League that denied the Diamondbacks request to wear the hats. The Diamondbacks went above and beyond in support of the fallen and families.

I would like to thanks the Diamondbacks for their support.

MLB allowed the dbacks to put the #19 on their sleeves... Just to be clear.

didn't mean to stir the pot but MLB has a union and contract commitments so blame new era and others. I can honestly say that every MLB player would have been proud to wear #19 on their jersey's on Sunday.