Sign in to follow this  
reganranch

Modded Diesel Roll Call

Lets get a roll call for everyone who is into turning up the power on their Diesel Truck and hot rodding it around during the off season.

Nice thread Regan!

I have a D-Max with a little Xtra Umph.

05' LLY ECSB

MBRP 4" Turbo Back with 3" down pipe.

Auto Meter EGT & Boost Gauges, K&N Intake

EFI live Flash Scan V1, DSP 5 With Key lock Switch

LBZ Mouth Piece,

Blocked, Shimmed, Re-routed, plugged,

SS Tie Rod Sleeves

Inglewood Built Transmission,

Pump Rub Fix, Larger tranny cooler.

I drive a Dodge... Its got some stuff done, every time I hit the accelerator hard, my transmission loses some metal...

• Like 2

I have a 2005 f350 srw. I'm a diesel mechanic. Its dead stock and will stay that way. "Turning up the power" is the same as turning up the repair bill. Any modern turbo diesel has enough power to pull any trailer up any hill from the factory.

Buzz kill!!!!! Somebody must not have gotten their credit card hit for tags. ;)

• Like 1

BOO Stock is no fun! I would rather join the prius forum and wear a dress in public then drive a stock diesel truck.

Heres all the mods done to my rig I call it Sherman occasionally or any related curse word at the time.

1996 F-350 Crewcab Long Bed

24V Cummins (1500 Miles on the fresh rebuid ;))

Built E4OD

4" Lift

5" Stacks

35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" Moto Metals

Hamiton Cam 188/220

Isspro Gauges Fuel PSI, Boost,Pyro, Trans Temp

AFE Intake

& a oversize trans cooler to be ordered Thursday.

/>I drive a Dodge... Its got some stuff done, every time I hit the accelerator hard, my transmission loses some metal...

I've herd about those dodge transmissions. Why can't they build a decent one???

I don't know but sure wish they could figure it out! Mine is in the shop, looking at its 3rd rebuild possibly! (thank God I bought that after market warranty!)

I don't know but sure wish they could figure it out! Mine is in the shop, looking at its 3rd rebuild possibly! (thank God I bought that after market warranty!)

Have them put an Allison in it. J/K.

Than again I blew one of those up. Apparently 550 RWHP is the braking point...

i deleted my original post as quicky as i wrote it because i sometimes forget no one cares what i think. lol

i dont mean to be a buzz kill but its true. so many people have light duty diesel trucks(3/4/1tons) that tune them way past the point of reliability. then complain that "brand x" is junk. when in reality if you can live with out " making black smoke" youll have a lone worry free life vehicle wise.

i dont mean to call you out but as an example: casey in your dodge what brand is your tunner??

i cant find the connection between a reliable diesel, dressing in drag or driving a prius? must be a uofa thing ;)

at the end of the day feel free to do what ever makes you happy to your truck. but remember after the tow truck drops your truck off at my place. ill hand you the repair bill with a smile on my face. :D

• Like 2

How does someone who drives a 6. Uh oh know what reliability is?

post-3586-0-26779600-1374064351_thumb.jpg

6.0 F250 200,000 MILES PULLING HEAVY AND STILL GOING STRONG. ALL I DID WAS PUT IN TWIN 15IN SUBS TO PLAY MY JOHNNY CASH.

I would refer you to 90 percent of the commercial fleet in this country better driven like they were stolen but properly maintained and kept stockand regularly roll 300000.
I have no brand loyalty when I bought my truck I was looking for a Ford or a Dodge they both make good products although I will never own another General Motors product so long as I shall live. I don't have a photo handy of broken transmission parts and ATF all over the road but since you drive a Dodge I assume you already know what that looks like ;)

6.0 F250 200,000 MILES PULLING HEAVY AND STILL GOING STRONG. ALL I DID WAS PUT IN TWIN 15IN SUBS TO PLAY MY JOHNNY CASH.

i do have one complaint wiht my truck my johnny cash cd is stuck in it.

I dont drive a Dodge I have a 96 Ford F-350 with a Cummins 24v Swap in it. ;) Lets keep this on track its about modded diesels not stock trucks.....