Sign in to follow this  
reganranch

Modded Diesel Roll Call

Lets make it fast like a jet plane hunt junkie!

GMs are pretty good but i wouldnt want one with their crappy wiring and frames but like anything if you take care of them they will last. these are all stock trucks.

These crappy frames?

yup those are the ones im talking about. ive seen that commercial before haha. ill take frame twist/ bend all day over cracks. at least their drive trains are very good.

Ya on the 6:0 I have spent like 4000 total in repair since 2004 and have never broke down and this egr deal is to fix for sure. Way I figure is I paid 34,000 cash in 2004 so 38,000 total but still way ahead in the long run since I will drive for another 7 years plus. No way in hhhh I would pay 60,000 for a new truck. Ill buy a uses dodge next if mine dies

This is already a fun thread!

The family has two new 'horses in the stall' .... both stock 3rd gen Duramax (LBZ's), under 45,000 miles.

No Mod's yet, but I think some are soon to come after hunting season.

Btw.. Speedy, the guy in the Audi A8 couldn't pass me coming up out of the Salt River Canyon even though I had a 22' travel trailer :)

• Like 1

Saw this on Cummins Forum and have to post it.

post-3586-0-69671700-1374109129.jpg

/>This is already a fun thread!

The family has two new 'horses in the stall' .... both stock 3rd gen Duramax (LBZ's), under 45,000 miles.

No Mod's yet, but I think some are soon to come after hunting season.

Btw.. Speedy, the guy in the Audi A8 couldn't pass me coming up out of the Salt River Canyon even though I had a 22' travel trailer :)

I can't believe u have 2 LBZs now! So jealous. I knew you would love them. When you are ready to mod it let me know. When done right those LBZs will run and preform way more efficient.

BTW this Sat. Night the AZ Duramax Club is meeting at ET.

Great bunch of guys and a great way to learn more about your trucks.

You and Huntjunkie should come out. I will be going at 7:00pm.

Ya on the 6:0 I have spent like 4000 total in repair since 2004 and have never broke down and this egr deal is to fix for sure. Way I figure is I paid 34,000 cash in 2004 so 38,000 total but still way ahead in the long run since I will drive for another 7 years plus. No way in hhhh I would pay 60,000 for a new truck. Ill buy a uses dodge next if mine dies

I've got a 03 6.0, in spite of all the bad press I've had good service to 150K. Suspect I've developed some injector issues and will be spending some coin soon. I'm curious, who is doing your work?

I don't know of any places that rebuild Dodge or Chevy transmissions but these two are know for their outstanding work on the Ford transmissions.

http://www.brianstruckshop.com/

http://jwtt.com/

My Y2K F250 Diesel is basically stock with the original transmission right @ 255K miles with very few part replaced over the years. It has enough power for me, not that I wouldn't like more but I need reliability and longevity.