Noramlly I wouldn't care to post what hunt I drew but I couldn't hold back after finding out I drew a December 36c tag. This is the unit John Doyle (if your from around these parts you know who Mr. Doyle is) taught my dad how to hunt the desert when he first moved here and this is also the unit my dad brought me and killed my first deer and pig in. It's a place real special to us cause its were my dads best friend and my uncle ashes are spread at. What's even better is due to some unfortunate circumstances I was not able to put in for any hunts the last 3 years and I did last second this year and I drew my first december tag ever. For me its only right I drew my first Dec hunt in this unit. I know this is the year I'll kill my dream buck and I know my dad knows this may be the year his boy kills a bigger buck than him (and that's not an easy task by no means) but great part about it is I will have my old man who is also my best friend out with me on my dream hunt. I can't wait for Dec not just to hunt deer but to be out with my dad making more great stories I can pass on to my family. Remember people its more than just killing a deer its the memories we make with our family and friends. Good luck to all that drew a tag. Shoot straight and remember to take a kid hunting. Its important we keep the good sport alive

• Like 6

Right on dude. Hope you and your pappy the best.

• Like 1

Those are exactly the same units my dad took me before we explored other units. I'm sorry to hear about your bro but hearing what everyone had to say only validates why I know I need to appreciate being able to hunt with my pops. My grandfather who I'm lucky to still have around stop hunting after he retired and I was amazed how hard it was for me to except that but that tough old man finally put in again and drew a southern mule deer hunt. Plus my dad drew a unit 10 antelope tag which he has been waiting 15 years to draw so if that is not what you call a great start to the year then I don't know what is. Great thing is its only July can't wait to see what else this year brings

• Like 2

I cant believe how well things panned out for this falls hunts i will be a busy busy man from Sept through jan and if my boy is going to put a bigger one on the wall than mine I hope I am the one that finds it. Man I am stoked

• Like 1

36c The most underated Unit in the State. 68 yr old Pops is already planning our scouting sessions starting next week. Turkey sammiches and Coues Huntin with Jefe, Ready,,,Set,,,Go!!!

• Like 1

Congrats Maloney. I understand your excitement. We drew 24A November. This is the unit I learned to deer hunt from my father. Me my Dad and brother are going to relive some of my fondest memories and make a few more. My Dad is 88 now and I don't know how many more opportunities God will give to spend time with my Dad. I cannot wait to start scouting and make sure we still get to our old spot. Good luck on your hunt and enjoy the time. I know that i will. I don't even need to get a deer but won't mind if I get one.

i put in for it but didnt get it. my friend and his son did so ill probably be out there anyways. good luck.