Sign in to follow this  
scrotridge

AZ unit 31 advice

I drew the late hunt for this unit and looking for a little advice as far as what access areas are best and some general areas to check out. I won't be able to scout at all so any pointers would be appreciated. I'm a first time coues hunter and just looking forward to the hunt, not really looking for a bc buck, just a fun hunt. Also, are there any javelina in this unit? thanks.

Stockton pass area but is heavily hunted. Yes, plenty of pigs in this unit.

Unit 31 is a great unit! I'll send you a pm with some info.

If your not looking for a bc buck, then why are your wasting a Dec tag?

Well that is a ridiculous thing to say. There are a ton of different reasons to hunt Dec other then looking for a BC Deer

• Like 4

If your not looking for a bc buck, then why are your wasting a Dec tag?

Well that is a ridiculous thing to say. There are a ton of different reasons to hunt Dec other then looking for a BC Deer

To get away from people and not burn up and a better chance at seeing more deer are the only reasons. No?

• Like 1

/> Thanks for all of the replies everyone, I appreciate the help. Are the pig tags OTC?

Only if there are leftovers.

Ad there is no pig hunt that runs concurrent with the deer hunt, fyi. Many other states have more liberal seasons than ours for pigs. Lots of people like hunting them so the hunts are structured just like anything else.

Az Killer sounds like a real tool. Probably has one of those half ASZ hunter beards talked about here too. One of My first tags was a late 31 tag 30 years ago and I didn't know what I was doing. We all learn some time.......BOB!