true.... originally i was planning on going up this weekend until i couldnt get time off from the 2nd job, and tha i also realized it was archery bull. Figure i would keep from interrupting someone else's hunt and wait a week.

We heard them locking antlers on the oher side of a knoll from where we camped last year in unit 8 (about 50 yards from camp), on our turkey hunt.

Not to bust anyones spots but where do many people spot the bigger bulls? By the base of the rim or do many people hunt fossil creek and see them there? I have a late 22N hunt and I never been in this unit before so I am trying to figure stuff out for it also. I have some extra trail cams laying around I might run up and place next weekend before i help out on the Ferret project.

Well, to start off you need to put some long pre hours of glassing up some bulls! The climax of the rut is on fuel throttle up here now, but it's going to die out soon!! You need to find their wintering pockets soon. Forget the cameras, and get out glassing for the Big Toad!

This one I got in 22N three years ago. 6x7 but no spread. these animals have some weird genes.

post-10633-0-73459400-1379270973_thumb.jpg

We were up scouting about 6 weeks ago, watched a herd of about 35 for over an hour. No big bulls, all cows and a few spikes. Maybe the bulls were still batching it at that point. Going back up in two weeks for another scout trip. I have a cow tag this year. If anyone has any tips, please pm me. I'll be happy to share about any big bulls I see during cow hunt.

This one I got in 22N three years ago. 6x7 but no spread. these animals have some weird genes.

it would be interesting to know the age on that bull.