capoeirajosh

Track?

Found this at a tank while scouting for bear. Lion? 20130811_080024.jpg

Lion for sure...3 lobes at back of rear pad, flat at front of rear pad, and tear drop toes. A bobcat track will usually only be about 2" wide which is about a 6 month old lion

Oh, man!! I am gonna have to pick me up a lion tag then, because I will be calling in the area for bear!

/>Nice find looks like your in a good area!

That is what I am hoping!!

Look just to thr right and down. Does that look like it could be the slight remains of a bear track? I am surprised that I have found lion tracks and not bear tracks, haha.

to me - to the right and down is a much bigger lion track - you might have a mating pair cruising- I would say possibly a male and female traveling together

I do not see the claw makes which can help distinguish a bear track which would be a much deeper imprint in that type of wet /muddy soil

/>to me - to the right and down is a much bigger lion track - you might have a mating pair cruising- I would say possibly a male and female traveling together

I do not see the claw makes which can help distinguish a bear track which would be a much deeper imprint in that type of wet /muddy soil

Well, I am going back up there tomorrow, so I will keep a lookout and scan that area again for tracks. Thanks! The reason I thought it might be a bear track was I thought I did see some claw marks there. I hope that is what I am seeing at least, haha.

Fair enough. I never did see him/her. Saw a good bear though. Gonna head back up for the October hunt and hopefully harvest my first bear.