Sign in to follow this  
CouesHunterAZ

Has Anyone Deer Hunted Mount Lemmon Before?

I have heard a lot about people hunting the backside of Mount. Lemmon, but I was wondering more about any areas driving up Mount Lemmon on the main road. Every single time I drive up to Summerhaven I always see deer, so I'm assuming it wouldn't be the worst arae to go, I just wanted a little reassurance I guess. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like a good area to hunt.

Just came from there this evening did road hunting because I had my wife and our 2yr old with me, but I didnt go up very far. I go up from the north side because i live in Oracle but thats what I plan on doing this weekend because I to see them all the time. No deer tonight but i did shoot me a fox with my bow first one ever :D Good luck and hope to see your pics soon

Sorry guys... I was just informed that Mt Bigelow no longer has any coues deer due to over hunting and hiking. Please go road hunt in Madera Canyon in 34A.

• Like 4

Not to be rude, but this is the wrong place to post a question like this. If you are interested in an area go check it out yourself, don't broadcast it over a website asking for others opinions. Certain individuals visit this site just to gain info, and don't give two sh*** about being respectful and most of all being a sportsman.

This is why certain units have a huge problem with camera theft and people stacked on top of each other. Certain places used to be a fun to hunt now you can't go 200 yards without finding someone's salt or camera.

In the future think about what you are really asking, if it is where you want to hunt don't put it on here unless you want 500 other people doing the same thing.

Happy hunting

• Like 1

Wow great post?

Actually on this forum people ask all the time and get varying answers usually depending on how much they help others and how active they are. If there are any details to discuss you can usually just send a PM. Actually even some of the guides on here can be quite helpful and they rely on the areas to make money. All of this is what makes this my favorite forum and I am usually willing to help any memeber who has a history of useful input or advice.

just my $0.02...

• Like 7

Sounds like this might be one of couesbaiters favorite spots you just gave away......lol

Hopefully he isn't really baiting coues, per the new regs.

• Like 6

Thanks for all the advice guys, I have been hunting all around Mt. Lemmon from Redington, into the Catalinas, to Peppersauce, and I just thought it was funny that I never hunted the huge mountain in the middle of it all.

Diesel,

I don't hunt there for this reason, I have hunted over the whole state and seen this play out in MANY other units. Unfortunately, as good as this site is, you will now rarely see anybody post good trail camera pics or post at all because others will try and find you...mature coues will cause a sane man to go insane!

Pm's are a great way to help people out.....well said

• Like 1

Sorry guys... I was just informed that Mt Bigelow no longer has any coues deer due to over hunting and hiking. Please go road hunt in Madera Canyon in 34A.

there still there , someones trying to keep you out of there. you can never shoot all them little weiry terds. just lots of crazy hunters in them there mountians

there still there , someones trying to keep you out of there. you can never shoot all them little weiry terds. just lots of crazy hunters in them there mountians

You crack me up!

Couesbaiter, go easy on the guy. Your first post on this website and your knocking someone else. If I didn't know any better I'd say he shot your puppy. :)

Yes Mount Lemmon is as good as any. Like any (coues holding) unit, have to put some miles on your boots to find a really good shooter but plenty of meat up there.

I don't know about you guys I just want AZLance to give up his secret spots for the jaguars lol

• Like 4

There are no coues on Mt Lemmon during the fall and winter but you will find plenty of snow bunnies if you go high enough up the mountain. Usually can be found around Ski Vally. Took a lot of scouting for me to find this out so Shhhhhh! Keep it a secret!

• Like 3