Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Is Coconino enforcing the Travel Management Plan??

"G&F will issue you a citation if caught camping out of designated areas." The only part of the new laws that they won't enforce is the off road game retrieval.

I chose to camp further than their allotted 30' last year on the kiabab nat forest and tryed to get a ticket, I won't put my kids and pets at risk by camping right next to the main road. Luckily the forest service and g&f both agreed. But do know of others that did get ticketed.

who told you that?

They will enforce, I went through this this weekend on my pack trip, at the trailhead 3 greedy turds lets call them had their crap set up at the trailhead I am guessing getting ready for this weekend, they never showed for 7 days and then a tow truck was called in. LOL took 2 trailers out and some gear.

I parked right on top of them and had my mules crapping all over camp in hopes they would show up. LOL

Everyone deserves to camp where permitted to do so but if you cant get there before me you should camp somewhere else. Not fair to leave your crap and block it from others.

I know some friends who leave their trailers and they got tickets 2 weeks ago. Don't know how much the fine was.

Just stick to the dam rules and clean up your crap and maybe we will have nice forests in the future.

Man this weekend it looked like a mass evacuation heading for payson. Bumper to bumper all the way from Rye to the 260 light in Payson. WOW

I came down about 7 pm last night and saw it. CRAZY, I will be at home for sure, way too many mechanical devices headed up there for me to enjoy the peace and quiet of which there will be none.

Elkrack, the 2 G&F officers that stepped of my camp trailer in 8 on my dec coues hunt. Thank god the snow was 2' deep or I probably would have pulled a little further off the road! Haha

They will enforce, I went through this this weekend on my pack trip, at the trailhead 3 greedy turds lets call them had their crap set up at the trailhead I am guessing getting ready for this weekend, they never showed for 7 days and then a tow truck was called in. LOL took 2 trailers out and some gear.

I parked right on top of them and had my mules crapping all over camp in hopes they would show up. LOL

Everyone deserves to camp where permitted to do so but if you cant get there before me you should camp somewhere else. Not fair to leave your crap and block it from others.

I know some friends who leave their trailers and they got tickets 2 weeks ago. Don't know how much the fine was.

Just stick to the dam rules and clean up your crap and maybe we will have nice forests in the future.

Man this weekend it looked like a mass evacuation heading for payson. Bumper to bumper all the way from Rye to the 260 light in Payson. WOW

I came down about 7 pm last night and saw it. CRAZY, I will be at home for sure, way too many mechanical devices headed up there for me to enjoy the peace and quiet of which there will be none.

What unit was this?.

Did anyone have contact with the forest service this weekend? Did anyone see a forest service truck? Just wondering, I still haven't seen a closed road that doesn't have fresh tire tracks on it. The same trailers are parked in the forest that have been there for a couple of weeks. And there are still camps a couple of hundred yards off the road. So my question is " is there any enforcement?"

Im pretty sure once the hunting seasons really get going youll see them start to enforce them more stringently. I saw them around quite a bit during my late archery elk hunt last year and there was hardly anyone else around.

9 Trailers got towed out of 9, game and fish and forest service stated this to us! $100.00 fine and plus tow company out of valley. The guy we spoke to from the forest service said he didn't agree with it but its the higher ups. he also stated the company out of valley is charging people way to much for fees picking up your trailer. so just be aware out there.