Guess i gotta get out of recliner and go give it a whirl! i wish i wish i wish it weren't so stinkin hot! all these north phx locals you must park and hump it in at least 1/4 mile but usually birdy treelines farther. sucks.. oh you can hunt but now lets enforce dust ordinance.. way to strike a deal with pd g&f!

Ok went 5 for 5 doing the 1 arm lefty dance for dove then the $70k big red ford truck pulled up by mine looked at my orange vest a comfortable 500yards in from main rd fence and they proceeded to walk in only 200 yards and set up camp.. i assume all the empties everywhere belong to them.. gee thx guys at least i got practice on the crazy flyers and leftovers. Ended up with 8 i think 1 eurasian toad and 20 empties.. fun night.. walked through some brush and had swarm of skeeters attack and chase me like bees.. must be africanized skeeters!

My friend and I finally got to get out and pull a trigger this weekend on dove! Last weekend the muddy swamps and mosquito's made it impossible to get to our water hole. This weekend we made it and we were stocked up on bug repellent. The fly was pretty slow in our normal spot. We ended up with 13 birds between 2 people. We missed a few shots we should have probably made, but even then we would probably not have limited out. We actually had to hunt them this year too instead of sitting around waiting for them to fly by. They were roosting in the big bushes so we were actually having to walk the desert and split up to either side of the bushes to get shots as they flushed, and we were having to use other bushes as cover to sneak up close enough to get shots as they flushed. The birds this year out by were I hunted were pretty small too. The only good size bird we got was the 1 white wing that I got. The rest were small birds by my normal standards.

It was still great to get out in the dirt though and have a good time with my best buddy on his birthday!

Harley

12 birds on 43 shells yesterday AM. Took about 2 hours. I never have been worth a hoot with the scatter gun.

Hit the desert again this morning. Nice, cool and cloudy morning. I thought I'd be a smarty pants and switch to full choke thinking the birds would be skittish from the past week of shooting. Boy, I was wrong! They came in fast and in our face. I couldn't hit the side of a barn.

So with all the birds flying in and my brother shooting away, I quickly removed full choke and screwed in modified. And just like that, 5 birds in 7 shots! :)

We finished the morning with 20 birds and then the skies opened up with rain!

Great morning in the desert.

4 this morning... Rained the whole morning down here and the birds were very scarce. 11 shots... I missed two screamers going Mach 2 with their afterburners on.