Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

My AZ Bear- I still can't believe it!

Nice work. I can't wait to have a story like that with my dad

What an awesome story! Gets me excited for my bear hunt with my dad coming up in October. So awesome that your dad was there to enjoy the experience with you. What was the bear's weight?

I am really not sure G&F said probably 250 but we didn't weight it and I really am not good and estimating that stuff.

However, I will say that by the time I got done packing that thing out I felt like it weighed 1000lbs haha

Congratulations on a tremendous accomplishment and lifetime trophy. Curious about your bullet choice, looks like a Nosler Ballistic Tip, true? If so, I am very surprised it held together that well.

Congratulations again!

• Like 1

Are you now hooked on hunting bears? It is such a rush and they are tough to take down! Congratulations on a job well done. Dustin checked my bear too, and he was a great rep for Fish and Game.

That was an interesting question. I had to go look at the box and sure enough they are nosler ballistic tip 165gr (was a gift from my wife). Ya they did the trick.

Nice bear and a great story! If you want a great rug mount, you might want to check out Lippert/Doyle Taxidermy in Tucson. Dean has done 8 bear rug mounts for my son and me.

Are you now hooked on hunting bears? It is such a rush and they are tough to take down! Congratulations on a job well done. Dustin checked my bear too, and he was a great rep for Fish and Game.

Yes I would say "hooked" is an understatement

• Like 1

/>

What an awesome story! Gets me excited for my bear hunt with my dad coming up in October. So awesome that your dad was there to enjoy the experience with you. What was the bear's weight?

I am really not sure G&F said probably 250 but we didn't weight it and I really am not good and estimating that stuff.

However, I will say that by the time I got done packing that thing out I felt like it weighed 1000lbs haha

Hahahahaha!! I bet!

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. I love being able to share the fun with others who can truly appreciate the experience. I forgot to post up an additional pic. I have pics of another bear in the same general area which I think may even be a bit larger than the one I killed.

The black & white trailcam pic is of the bear I harvested. The color pic is of another bear who have been showing up lately (the trail cam is on the same tree in both pics) Never any cubs so I assume this new one is a boar as well. 2014 bear here I come!!!!

post-8413-0-68014300-1379190568_thumb.jpg

post-8413-0-51669400-1379190588_thumb.jpg

Wow great story man! Congrats on your bear! Glad to hear that you enjoy getting out there with your Dad. I always enjoy heading out with my Grandfather, Dad and brothers. Even if I don't tag out, the great campfire stories from my Tata, great food and memories is what I enjoy the most.