Sign in to follow this  
prescottbowhunter

opening day Bull/ 1st Bull ever

Found this bull in the aftenoon of opening day. I saw him pushin cows out of a drainage. Planned a stalk on him and headed after it. I circled a little knob and was able to find him raking a tree to shreds about 150 yrds below me in the flats with his cows. I tried a few cow mews before I was able to pull him from his cows and begin making his way up the hill in my direction. Slowly but steadily he made his way to within 40 yrds annd popped out behind a juniper opposite from where I was positioned. I drew back and set my 30 yrd pin on him and let er fly....I watched as my arrow went right under his belly and the elk startled and ran back down the mtn. After 40 yrds or so he stopped and looked back up in my direction, I cow called again and he came back towards me on a MISSION!! He stopped at 20 yrds 1/4ing towards me. I was at full draw already and this time put my 20 yrd pin right where it needed to be. I Saw my arrow hit him deep right where I aimed. He took off down the hillside and piled up 50 ft from the tree he was trashing when I first saw him. Then the work began. 4 hours later with the help from 3 great bros I was proudly dropping my first bull at the processor. I usually hunt solo, but qhen the bull hit the ground, and the calls were made, they showed up and we handled business. I can't thank Nathan, Randy and Jeff for being there when I needed them. I will forever be thankful. Epic day, epic memories, epic hunt....great F'n Bull.

post-9038-0-38158000-1379215305.jpeg

post-9038-0-08575200-1379215328_thumb.jpg

post-9038-0-89623100-1379215355.jpeg

post-9038-0-62719100-1379215381.jpeg

• Like 4

Gotta love elk in September, congrats on your bull!!!

-Ryan

Congrats on a wonderful first bull! Hoping the two tagholders in our group have the same luck tomorrow!

Ahh man, and I almost just got over not getting drawn. Congratulations!!!

Huge congrats on your first bull. Great looking bull too.

Congrats on your first bull. That is pretty awesome that you got a second go at him. Sounds like it was just meant to be. ;-)

Sweet I was hoping you'd post up the pics. Once again congrats on a great bull mike. Glad jeffd and I could help you get'm skinned and to the meat processor. We had fun out there.

Congrats on your first bull...now the only problem is having to wait it out till next time.....unless you have luck on your side and get drawn again next year. ..