Sign in to follow this  
CouesRanger

The first pile of blood

Guest oneshot

Not answering for PrescottBowHunter but here's something to think about RomoCasaDor...

Your GF didnt make a good shot, no matter what you/her saw/felt, based on the critter not being found at the end of that blood trail (poor angle/shot selection, Elk moved, poor blood trailing or other factors)... It happens, the mark of someone thats a sportsman/woman is someone that can learn from not only their mistakes/failures, but their success also...

Get her "back-on-that-horse-that-threw-her", talk about what can be done in the future and make it count, Good Luck to both of you on your hunts...(I'm rooting for both of you to be bigger/better hunters and seeing that glowing smile in front of a down critter when it all comes together)...

Guest oneshot

Ummm OK RomoCasaDor...

(I would add more, but I know when I'm wasteing my time.... Still Good Luck to you and your GF)...

ROMOCASADOR,

Best of luck in finding your girlfriends bull.

I appreciate you guys really trying to find him as you know there aren't many bulls like that out there.

I can only imagine how your girlfriend feels at the moment. I know you guys will continue your search.

Thanks for reaching out to the online community in your quest for a needle in a haystack.

Going online with your search is tough in itself as you know you are opening yourself up to ethics questions and comments.

What some people have said on this thread is nothing new but I don't think they all meant it in a hostile way.

They are simply stating the obvious. It's easy to read differently into their comments when you are so emotional after the roller coaster you guys are on.

Keep looking for your bull and I so hope you find it. Let us know.

I know that if anyone has read this thread, and finds a bull, you will hear about it.

That's the best thing that can happen from you going public like you have.

• Like 2

Some people just can't resist the urge to put on the robe of self-rightousness and huff and puff and try to blow someones house down. If you weren't there then you dont really know what went down... these folks tried to find the animal. A bull elk can sustain an amazing amount of shock and trauma and keep on going. Of course, there is always the guy that always makes the perfect shot every time...and the animal drops in its tracks. The rest of us are prone to human behavior, including less than perfect shots.

• Like 1

Not answering for PrescottBowHunter but here's something to think about RomoCasaDor...

Your GF didnt make a good shot, no matter what you/her saw/felt, based on the critter not being found at the end of that blood trail (poor angle/shot selection, Elk moved, poor blood trailing or other factors)... It happens, the mark of someone thats a sportsman/woman is someone that can learn from not only their mistakes/failures, but their success also...

Get her "back-on-that-horse-that-threw-her", talk about what can be done in the future and make it count, Good Luck to both of you on your hunts...(I'm rooting for both of you to be bigger/better hunters and seeing that glowing smile in front of a down critter when it all comes together)...

dude again i must ask, do you even hunt? an elk can take .300 to the pump house and walk off like it was never hit. i was fortunate my bull went down within sight but it easily could have walked 200 yards and i may never have found him, it was pouring rain and he didnt bleed. crap does happen sometimes.

I've witnesses a perfect quartering away shot before where everyone thought he would be dead within a hundred yards turn into a 2.5 mile track and still lost the bull. The bull never layer down and, just kept walking in the directions of his cows.

Guest oneshot

40plus years sport (as I answered you before in another thread).... Yeah, crap happens while hunting.... Get over it, I wasn't bashing this guy or his GF, just giving my thoughts, he can either take them for what they are, or move on, I'd ask you to do the same, but you seem to be haten on the oneshot lately.. Hehehe....(no problem here, I state an opinion, you state an opinion, and I move on..)... Good Luck to you and Congrats on your great Bull...

40plus years sport (as I answered you before in another thread).... Yeah, crap happens while hunting.... Get over it, I wasn't bashing this guy or his GF, just giving my thoughts, he can either take them for what they are, or move on, I'd ask you to do the same, but you seem to be haten on the oneshot lately.. Hehehe....(no problem here, I state an opinion, you state an opinion, and I move on..)... Good Luck to you and Congrats on your great Bull...

youre kind of rubbing salt in the wound dude. no one wants to lose a bull then hear about how they made a bad shot when theyre confident they did. and thanks.

We have never lost an animal and I feel for the parties involved. My two cents, i would go to last spot of blood. Grab a few buddies with gps and start walking a grid where you can see your tracking marks on gps. i might be heck up and down ridges and draws but in the end you might find her bull. And keep bumping out your edges 1/4 at a time. God bless

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

Sorry if you, RomoCasaDor, his GF, or anyone else took it that way,,, again, I didn't mean to make it sound as if I was bashing him, just giving food for thought in their future endevors... A lot of times, with the Bow especialy, what you see concerning the hit, sometimes is not what really happened...

RomoCasaDor, please know I wasn't trying to make you or your GF feel any worse then I know you are, Keep the Faith and Good Luck to both of you...

Circles and grids are the only way to satisfy the pain of losing an animal start at last blood and work your way out. Remember that they might turn back or spot a resting place that's not in line or opposite the way they have been moving.

Good Luck

It's crazy how tough these animals are. Last year in 4A on the late rifle hunt we found a nice 6x6 that appeared to have been killed during the archery season and not recovered. We found the bull just a little south of Chevlon Butte in some thick brush only about 300 yards from a well traveled road.