scoutm

How early should hunt camp be setup?

When do you leave for Hunt Camp?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. When do you arrive in you hunt camp?

• Openning Day
    • One day before
    • Two days before
    • other

We have a pre determend spot and as long as nobody has taken it then we know the spot. We have scouted the area enough and have our plan down and ready to rock. We set up the first day and then that evening we check and see what camps have been set up in what spots.

The next morning starts our hunt. We will scout all this morning and spend more time looking around the area to see if any camps look like they may mess up our plans.

The next morning at day light will usualy find us glassing and preparing a stalk or a shot on a Buck. This year we have five tags to fill so we have our work cut out for us.

Well we already have our camp setup down there. It has been setup for 3 weeks now :D

We parked our trailer at the RV park in Arivaca. The area we are hunting though is an hour drive from town so we need to get up early and get out on the hill before sunrise. From door to glasing it is just under 2 hours.

We will head down the afternoon before the hunt and do as Arizona Guide said. We will cruise the roads and see what other camps are there and how many and talk to some people and figure out what they are going to do so we do not disrupt there hunts and hopefully they won't disrupt ours.

I voted for two days before, although this year I'll technically be there 3 days before (Tues night). I'd think the earlier the better in order to get in some preseason scouting and get camp setup and organized. Obviously, vacation time, family, and work commitments all play into how early to get to camp.

'Camp' is a relative term also. I'm heading up Tuesday afternoon/evening for my deer hunt and my camp is at my parent's place. :) I can't wait to get up there and get out hunting!

This is actually earlier than normal for me compared to past years. I have a bit more vacation to play with this year.

Ron

We always set up the day before the hunt starts. During our scouting trips we'll pick out 2 or 3 good camp locations, as we learned in years past when we only picked one ,someone arrived 2 days before us and set up, so we spent time in search of a new one. B)

We always set up the day before the hunt starts. During our scouting trips we'll pick out 2 or 3 good camp locations, as we learned in years past when we only picked one ,someone arrived 2 days before us and set up, so we spent time in search of a new one. B)

That's bout what I do. Get set up as early as possible the day before then head out and try to do some PM glassing.

My dad will be settin up camp wednesday morning and is gonna do a little extra scouting for a few days. I won't be leaving NAU till about 5:30 Thursday night and wont get to camp until midnight or later. Its a long drive especially at night, but well worth it! :D

I'll be setting up Tuesday afternoon. I'll be down around Morro tank in 36a. About 3/4 of a mile north on tr ranch rd. if anyone is around stop by. As always a silver Chevy Z71 and a green cabelas tent.

Lee

I like to be set up for "my hunts" meaning when I have a tag 2 days before the hunt. I like to make sure I have everything set up and time to look around one full day before the hunt to confirm if the deer/elk are still doing what they have been doing, and what extra influence the other hunters/campers/atv riders may have on my plans...........Allen.......

my norm is 2 days early(wed) but this year work wont allow that extra day so its thursday for me i'll be in 32 drving a red XJ so feel free too stop,rest whatever.

usually, i like to set up camp atleast the day before the hunt. that way dad and i can go out thursday night and look for some bucks for friday am. this year, since we have the whole november hunt, i will be leaving flagstaff at 130 get home, get all the stuf ready and leave bright and early friday.

If I'm hunting within an hour of Tucson or Greer, I don't camp out. I drive out from home.

If it's more than an hour from Tucson or Greer, I also don't camp out. I reserve a room at a motel close to my area as soon as I learn I've drawn a permit.

I graduated from Camping 101 through 500 a hundred years ago, and I no longer enjoy it.

BillQ

If I'm hunting within an hour of Tucson or Greer, I don't camp out. I drive out from home.

If it's more than an hour from Tucson or Greer, I also don't camp out. I reserve a room at a motel close to my area as soon as I learn I've drawn a permit.

I graduated from Camping 101 through 500 a hundred years ago, and I no longer enjoy it.

BillQ

I haven't graduated from camping 101 yet, but stayed at Jacob lake lodge for the archery hunt last year, I could see how you could get used to it! B)