Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Unit 9 Arizona Elk Hunt Success Photos

There is a ton more that can be injected into that debate from both sides of the fence... and its a fair discussion to have. Does anyone on this site agree at some level?

BUT the real issue is the main point I made about guides running a biz on 'public' land with public wildlife as their product for sale.

Guides in AZ are selling a service not a product. They are selling their time, knowledge and years of expertise. BTW, I'm not a guide, not related to one and don't know any on a first name basis. Probably better to just agree to disagree and move on instead of jacking a thread, but hey, here I am adding to the issue.

• Like 1

I for one agree with azborn2hunt, but then again it's my opinion and some will not agree with me either.

I hear what you two are saying but remember guides are like attorneys.....you hate them until you need one...................

• Like 3

Azborn 2 hunt i dont have a check station set up but i wish i did so that i could have congratulated all the lucky hunters personally. I do how ever know several of the guides across the state and chose to use my phone to call all these great people i call friends and acuantances thru out the hunt for their opinions and just to enjoy some of what they were experiencing on their hunts. I also called my indian friends on the san carlos who are also awesome hunters for their reports. I spent 27 days straight in unit 23 so in reality if it has to be first hand then i can only speak for what i saw in 23. I wish i could have found more big bulls myself but i wasnt good enough to find them this year, just like several other guides. There were however a couple toads killed this year in 23 so i did miss finding those ones, darn it. I saw weak 5ths on a lot of bulls and thats what i saw. The biggest i saw was in the low 380s and we ended up killing a 368 6bull by 6, with a pretty good back end. We are very proud of him, but wish we could have done better. Im glad you had a better year than most, its nice to hear someone was knee deep in giants, thats always a good thing. Azborn2hunt welcome to the site i see these r your first couple posts. Why dont you introduce yourself so maybe i could call you also next year for a report also, the check station always loves a good report.

There are way better bulls in other units than in 23.... crappy unit... I personally hate hunting there...

Azborn 2 hunt i dont have a check station set up but i wish i did so that i could have congratulated all the lucky hunters personally. I do how ever know several of the guides across the state and chose to use my phone to call all these great people i call friends and acuantances thru out the hunt for their opinions and just to enjoy some of what they were experiencing on their hunts. I also called my indian friends on the san carlos who are also awesome hunters for their reports. I spent 27 days straight in unit 23 so in reality if it has to be first hand then i can only speak for what i saw in 23. I wish i could have found more big bulls myself but i wasnt good enough to find them this year, just like several other guides. There were however a couple toads killed this year in 23 so i did miss finding those ones, darn it. I saw weak 5ths on a lot of bulls and thats what i saw. The biggest i saw was in the low 380s and we ended up killing a 368 6bull by 6, with a pretty good back end. We are very proud of him, but wish we could have done better. Im glad you had a better year than most, its nice to hear someone was knee deep in giants, thats always a good thing. Azborn2hunt welcome to the site i see these r your first couple posts. Why dont you introduce yourself so maybe i could call you also next year for a report also, the check station always loves a good report.

There are way better bulls in other units than in 23.... crappy unit... I personally hate hunting there...

Couldn't agree with you more gino, well said. 23 is starting to resemble 4b for elk. Gino i'm still trying to locate the rest of your coues deer stands, what color truck do you drive? Dave

Couldn't agree with you more gino, well said. 23 is starting to resemble 4b for elk. Gino i'm still trying to locate the rest of your coues deer stands, what color truck do you drive? Dave

SWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT. I agree what a crappy crappy unit. I guess me and my sons will just have to take these tiny bulls out of the gene pool. Oh and cant forget about this one on 5-19.

post-8631-0-84862400-1381873506_thumb.jpg

post-8631-0-63485700-1381873603_thumb.jpg

post-8631-0-48089000-1381873616_thumb.jpg

post-8631-0-32616200-1381873742_thumb.jpg

post-8631-0-15598000-1381873978_thumb.jpg

Thanks Vowell for your support! Anyone else? I know there are a ton more of you out there but maybe not on this site.

Raising this type of discussion on this site will always fall on deaf ears. Most here are guides or wishful guides or friends of guides. Look at the sponsor list. Its like walking into the opponents huddle. But I knew that when I started giving Jay Scott a little bit of a hard time on page 1. His excuse (and some of his followers) made me roll my eyes after reading his reason for not finding his archer a big bull by his standards... after 30 days looking... . I'd be scrambling for a smoke screen too. That poor hunter spent a ton-o-moola with huge expectations because of the unit he had drawn and guide he hired to do his work. It was Diehard who made the comment to jay that he expected something better from the unit. Then came the statement "extreme droughted antlers" was the answer to the question. No one is perfect and it's ok to have a bad hunt.... it happens. But "extreme drought"??? really?

and to your cocky statement above Jay... you are right. But you'd be more right if you drop the last four words from the sentence. I know I know that was mean and uncalled for! Lighten up people! Its just sorta fun to taunt the opponent in their huddle.

FYI to everyone out there. On this Jay sponsored site; There were a couple member posts that 'liked' and replied to my posts.... those "likes" and posts were deleted!!!! GONE! That's to bad jay tisk tisk

/>FYI to everyone out there. On this Jay sponsored site; There were a couple member posts that 'liked' and replied to my posts.... those "likes" and posts were deleted!!!! GONE! That's to bad jay tisk tisk

FYI The horse died a few pages back... So quit beating the $hit out of it for the love of god!

• Like 3

/> FYI to everyone out there. On this Jay sponsored site; There were a couple member posts that 'liked' and replied to my posts.... those "likes" and posts were deleted!!!! GONE! That's to bad jay tisk tisk

FYI The horse died a few pages back... So quit beating the $hit out of it for the love of god!

I was going to with GROW UP. But yours works better

Sign in to follow this