Sign in to follow this  
chico

access-- your thoughts?

After checking cameras on public land over the summer and arriving early for the archery elk hunt crew ready to go. Imagine the surprise driving up the same road to area cameras have been set on to start hunting and finding a fella sitting in the road on a lawn chair trying to direct traffic, on same road you have been traveling all summer. Keep in mind - public land.

After checking cameras on public land over the summer and arriving early for the archery elk hunt crew ready to go. Imagine the surprise driving up the same road to area cameras have been set on to start hunting and finding a fella sitting in the road on a lawn chair trying to direct traffic, on same road you have been traveling all summer. Keep in mind - public land.

Ok, what's the rest of the story?
  • Like 1

Hey, why leave us hang. What is the rest of the story????

Put it out so that everyone-tag holder in given area, bird watcher , what have you , knows that public land is public land. When individuals decide that they are going to try and dictate when and where you can travel on public land is the issue. What is it going to take to get this across to everyone. Worst case, finding someone laying in the road because they want to claim an area on public land? Access is granted on land in Arizona unless deeded private, having a valid hunting/fishing licence issued in AZ grants you that right. Let's hear it.

If you're saying someone was sitting in a chair on a public road, I would have probably driven around him , maybe chatted with him a bit. Not clear on what you're saying. If it's a dead end road and there's someone sitting a stand I would find that out by talking to the guy. I don't want to mess up his hunt and don't want to waste my time if someone is already there.

What did you do?

• Like 1

Drove around the fella, but when individual tries to open driver door as you are driving by then what? Respond accordingly-self defense? This is what I am touching on.

It is simple-public land. You have been scouting, putting cameras,traveling at will. Come game day, you can't move around because someone wants to tell you you can't. How hard it is to understand that. It is public land. If I want to drive through an area regardless if a hunt is going on or not that is my right as a license holder in AZ. Whether i have a tag or not is not the issue. The issue is-you can not tell me when to piss or shoot. How is that for your explanation.

Your right, people can't tell you where to drive on public land (unless they have an official status and good reason) AND?? What happened? You drove thru anyways, turned around, asked why they were trying to block the road, etc.??

• Like 1

A nice Bull was taken by a gentleman new to the game. Is this is what a young hunter should be subjected to knowing that it was a thrill of a lifetime for him what does he have to look forward to if he will run in to folks that have a narrow mind.

We run into anti hunters just about every year trying to impede our hunts... We just don't let them get under our skin...

• Like 1

who was the dude in the chair? another hunter? tell him tough luck and go around him, if he tries to open your door as you drive by, then it's game on if you know what i mean.

• Like 2