Sign in to follow this  
Huntress283

Self Defense Instructor

I have been wanting to take a self defense course or two and have been looking into instructors but would prefer to go with someone that has been recommended to me and who I can learn a lot from. If anyone knows of a great instructor I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Where would be convenient for you --- Phx. Valley, Tucson, ??? ...

The police departments used to put on some courses. You may want to call. Not sure if they do anymore.

Mack Newton in E. Phoenix: 3243 East Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (602)957-6492, Specific self-defense program for women; incredibly qualified!

Mack Newton in E. Phoenix: 3243 East Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (602)957-6492, Specific self-defense program for women; incredibly qualified!

Thank you so much!! Exactly what i'm looking for!

• Like 1

here is the info on the instructor I mentioned. her classes get rave reviews

Susan Baldwin

Personal Protection Institute

Phoenix, Arizona

Protectiontrng@q.com

Specializing in: Women's Self Defense, Firearms, Threat Assessments, Criminal Investigative Consultant, Personal Security Detail(s) for high risk clients, Force Science Certified Analyst, & CVSA Examiner.

I just saw this after doing a search for one of my own posts. Wished I had seen it sooner.

Thanks for the Plug Casey.

It's not my studio, but I do teach under Master David Rivas in both Mesa and Queen Creek. The system taught is Combat Hapkido, which is a system designed to allow smaller practitioners to effectively protect themselves against larger adversaries. We work on hand to hand, hand to knife, hand to gun, knife to knife, ground fighting, pressure points and other techniques. We'd love to get the opportunity to get to show this system to as many people as possible. You can YOUTUBE Combat Hapkido, Grandmaster John Pellegrini, Master David Rivas, or Master Mark Gridley and get some good video examples. You can also go to www.masterdavidrivas.com to get a schedule and location of classes in Arizona. I have a great respect for all Martial Arts, but few I have encountered deal with the REAL LIFE situations as effectively as this one, as many are geared more toward Sport than actual Defense of Life and Limb. Just to qualify what I am saying ... I don't make a dime from teaching under Master Rivas, so I am not promoting this for personal gain. I am promoting it because I know that it works.

Huntress ... I sent you a PM with some specifics. Love to see you in a class to show you what the system can teach you.

• Like 1